My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I loved watching Mack wear the Navy and Orange. Will miss him. If we are going to play modern football, this was a good trade. I've watched this team for decades and live and die with them every year. So mostly die. It's time to spending the money on the offensive side of the football. This team has been lopsided in favor of the defense since the 80's. I want to see what it looks like to have large contracts at skill positions and a good offensive line for a change.
surprisingly good post

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They are taking his whole outstanding contract. Bonus $ already paid they can't take. Will still be $24m in dead cap this year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They are taking his whole outstanding contract. Bonus $ already paid they can't take. Will still be $24m in dead cap this year.
It’s all about 2023 anyways. We weren’t doing shit this year between amount of talent we have, bad cap management, bad draft pick management etc. these are the moves that should of happened last year instead of the restructures that took place to hurt the future years

Rise

Liked Posts:
So you gotta have a cover 2 HC and then you trade away the greatest strength on the team that happens to fit perfectly into this defense. Sounds perfectly Bears to me.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a good start for Poles as he begins cleaning up Pace's mess. Picked up a couple of very needed Draft slots along with the ability to add FA's where needed. Mack's 31 and beginning to show wear and tear with a lot of injuries. Still....a very good player.....but what have they won with him?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It’s all about 2023 anyways. We weren’t doing shit this year between amount of talent we have, bad cap management, bad draft pick management etc. these are the moves that should of happened last year instead of the restructures that took place to hurt the future years
I'm just trying to correct this narrative that the deal is clearing all Mack's $ this year.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
They could easily have 10-11 picks next year and 80-100 mill in cap space. Should be a fun offseason

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Is Mack’s value lower than we think? I’m just trying to understand this return.
He had one decent year, followed by two pretty awful and injured years. Did most of you not really watch the last two seasons? He was a ghost half the time he was on the field. You guys are acting like he was peak prime the entire time he was a Bear.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
He still should have gotten as much in return as Von Miller. Mack is better than Von Miller at this point in their careers.
Minus the fact that Von Miller actually played last season, while Mack spent most of it sidelined.