***OFFICAIL*** Khalil Mack Traded To Chargers For 2023 2nd & 6th Round Pick

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Shit trade for a measly 6 mill in cap space and garbage compensation. A 1st rounder and ok I can see it but a fucking 2nd and a 6th next year.. are you fucking kidding me? Fucking dumb. Watch Mack come back healthy and post double digits sacks in LA this year just to make the trade even worse.
What has Mack done in the last 2 seasons that makes you think anyone was giving the Bears a first? Some of you guys are straight up delusional.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Poles is savvy enough to let the board come to him and not trade away his limited draft picks.
If there is someone Poles feels will be a probowler at a position a trade up may certainly be worth it. I am not going to worry about Poles' draft acumen at this point

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you even understand what a June 1 designation is?
yes. Next years cap won't be affected if he is traded or cut this year. The post June 1 designation only applies to cuts or trades if the trade is physically after june 1

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
With two seconds and a third, they can address WR, CB, and edge rusher with quality players. I assume they will also sign a WR in FA, since the position is decimated and you want to give Fields decent targets.
and I hear there is a lot of good talent this draft year. So might as well get some picks and build for the future.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think the compensation is more than fair.

We got that anchor contract off the books.

Younger faster better. Go go go

napo55

Liked Posts:
I hope Poles is savvy enough to let the board come to him and not trade away his limited draft picks.
Hopefully he sees the folly of mortgaging away the future as Pace did the last few years (The Fields trade up tbd.)

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Pace wasted that DEF. He wasted Mack. It's a shame.
Too many games where they were out on the field for way too long... getting worn out and exposed to injury, because he entrusted Nagy to not run a shit offense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace planned on drafting numerous pro bowlers with all of his trade ups over the last several years.
I'm not going to transfer what Pace did onto Poles.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you don't appreciate this move you don't know how to build a team. 31 years old and declining. Next year we would have been lucky to get a 5th or 6th. This was a good move.
Agree for the most part. I don't think we can say for sure what they'd get next year because if he has a healthy, massive season, then it looks worse. Regardless, he was trending in the wrong direction and i think this has more to do with the future than just '22 or '23. This team isn't competing for anything serious short-term.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If someone offered to trade you a box of Eddie Jackson cereal for Eddie Jackson would you say yes?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
As much as I love Khalil Mack and how he embodies Chicago Bears football, it was very likely he was going to be a cap casualty next offseason.

It sucks, because it feels like we wasted him with being so abysmal on offense under Nagy.

Also, it sucks because it is going to cost us in 2022. We are taking a 24 mil dead cap hit and giving up Mack. Yeah, we are getting a 2nd rd pick, but doubt we will find anyone that will have half the impact as Mack.

Yet, we now how 22+ mil saved for both 2023 and 2024 seasons and could put that money elsewhere. And let's be honest, it will be better to pay for a young premium LT or elite weapon for Justin Fields. Maybe we spend big in free agency, and move the guaranteed money to fill those voids the next two years...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes. Next years cap won't be affected if he is traded or cut this year. The post June 1 designation only applies to cuts or trades if the trade is physically after june 1
@Visionman you seem to think I am wrong somehow

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Shit trade for a measly 6 mill in cap space and garbage compensation. A 1st rounder and ok I can see it but a fucking 2nd and a 6th next year.. are you fucking kidding me? Fucking dumb. Watch Mack come back healthy and post double digits sacks in LA this year just to make the trade even worse.
Lol

It’s only $6 million this season then he’s off the books. You can sign guys this free agency and structure their deals in a way that they’re getting the bulk of their money in the future.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
As much as I love Khalil Mack and how he embodies Chicago Bears football, it was very likely he was going to be a cap casualty next offseason.

It sucks, because it feels like we wasted him with being so abysmal on offense under Nagy.

Also, it sucks because it is going to cost us in 2022. We are taking a 24 mil dead cap hit and giving up Mack. Yeah, we are getting a 2nd rd pick, but doubt we will find anyone that will have half the impact as Mack.

Yet, we now how 22+ mil saved for both 2023 and 2024 seasons and could put that money elsewhere. And let's be honest, it will be better to pay for a young premium LT or elite weapon for Justin Fields. Maybe we spend big in free agency, and move the guaranteed money to fill those voids the next two years...
Mack hasn’t had much impact the past 2 seasons. He’s been injured or invisible most of the time…