???OFFICAIL??? NFL PRESEASON WEEK 3: BAERS VS BILLS - SATURDAY @ 12:00PM

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
He does a lot very well. Not saying he will ever be a great starter. (Or even a backup) But it’s a guy who’s expected to do absolutely nothing… that’s playing well. I’m sorry you can’t see it or be excited about it.
It’s not that my man. It’s "fairness" my guy. I was generous in saying he played average AT BEST. In fact, a stronger argument can be made that he played poorly.

Any way you slice it, those are poor numbers. And yet, he is being celebrated and hyped. As for his story, his father is a famous arm wrestling champ. I am sure he makes over 6 figures a year (check google)... probably much more than that during the height of his career. Bagent is not some poor kid from the sticks. Now juxtapose that with an African American kid from the inner city/father making less than 35 grand a year... would you be going on about his story? About how he deserves a chance to raise his families' economic station up? And would that African American kid be celebrated like this? Would his story be getting this much hype? Of course not. Be real. This fan base has always had a certain race related bias... just like this country. To believe or extol otherwise is foolish.

It is what it is. But I will always be the one to call it out.... no matter how unpopular that may be.

Again, this is nothing against Bagent. I have always said keep him, and develop him. Don't conflate my desire to keep him with this irrational push to make him QB2 and face of the franchise (due to incessant hype) or with a desire to cut him. I have been quite clear that I think he should be kept. Just excuse me if I will not jump on the hype train when all I see is a very average looking quarterback (with potential) that needs lots of work and seasoning to me.

And by the way, everyone very callously disrespects PJ and could care less if he is sent packing.... while many don't seem to care that PJ has a family to support too.

That's all. My beer is wearing off and I have tons to do/have already spent too much time on this. Peace my brothers?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s not that my man. It’s "fairness" my guy. I was generous in saying he played average AT BEST. In fact, a stronger argument can be made that he played poorly.

Any way you slice it, those are poor numbers. And yet, he is being celebrated and hyped. As for his story, his father is a famous arm wrestling champ. I am sure he makes over 6 figures a year (check google)... probably much more than that during the height of his career. Bagent is not some poor kid from the sticks. Now juxtapose that with an African American kid from the inner city/father making less than 35 grand a year... would you be going on about his story? About how he deserves a chance to raise his families' economic station up? And would that African American kid be celebrated like this? Would his story be getting this much hype? Of course not. Be real. This fan base has always had a certain race related bias... just like this country. To believe or extol otherwise is foolish.

It is what it is. But I will always be the one to call it out.... no matter how unpopular that may be.

Again, this is nothing against Bagent. I have always said keep him, and develop him. Don't conflate my desire to keep him with this irrational push to make him QB2 and face of the franchise (due to incessant hype) or with a desire to cut him. I have been quite clear that I think he should be kept. Just excuse me if I will not jump on the hype train when all I see is a very average looking quarterback (with potential) that needs lots of work and seasoning to me.

And by the way, everyone very callously disrespects PJ and could care less if he is sent packing.... while many don't seem to care that PJ has a family to support too.

That's all. My beer is wearing off and I have tons to do/have already spent too much time on this. Peace my brothers?
Blahblahblah hates Justin Fields!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Wait, is Bagent the kid in Over the Top? I love that movie. Not many movies can make a custody battle decided over arm wrestling. Maybe Stallone can take over the strength & conditioning program at Halas Hall.

This movie should be played every weekend before kickoff.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Eh, no one cares if Peterman is cut either.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Eh, no one cares if Peterman is cut either.
No one cares if any of these guys are cut. If you can’t make it, then quit the nfl and join another industry. It’s not our job to give a flying fuck these guys have a family to support. Plenty of other ways to make money. Like becoming a world champion arm wrestler. Hell, money is tight here and my wife just had an interview on Friday. She even sent me a picture from the interview room, she was sitting on a black leather couch in front of a camera. Odd interview setup if you ask me but I hope she got the job as she came home walking really funny.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one cares if any of these guys are cut. If you can’t make it, then quit the nfl and join another industry. It’s not our job to give a flying fuck these guys have a family to support. Plenty of other ways to make money. Like becoming a world champion arm wrestler. Hell, money is tight here and my wife just had an interview on Friday. She even sent me a picture from the interview room, she was sitting on a black leather couch in front of a camera. Odd interview setup if you ask me but I hope she got the job as she came home walking really funny.
Hope her casting went well!

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it's just me as well, but seems apparent to me that anyone saying Bagent should be QB1 is simply trolling. I tend to just skim over and ignore that shit, but that's just me.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
LOL @ all the absolute dumb fucks ripping their dicks off in this thread!!! Jesus, if you want to see a new level of stupid you just have to enter a game day thread. ????
An exhibition game thread at that

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
And before that Michael, firing Ditka, dumbass

The Bears would have been a dynasty in the 80s with a better coach. The defense, sweetness, and Buddy Ryan made that team great for a year, but was then out classed by superior coaches in the playoffs the following years. It was time for Ditka to go. This is a goofy thing to still be mad about.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
The Bears would have been a dynasty in the 80s with a better coach. The defense, sweetness, and Buddy Ryan made that team great for a year, but was then out classed by superior coaches in the playoffs the following years. It was time for Ditka to go. This is a goofy thing to still be mad about.
While I do agree with you, on Ditka, that doesn't negate just how fucking bad Michael McCaskey was. You know you're a fuck up, when mommy dearest "promotes" you just so you can stop you from fucking the team up any further.

The cataclysmic ineptitude, of Michael, is what lead to the the following:
1.) Sweaty Teddy, going from bean counter, to football decision maker.
2.) Turkey neck George, getting the job... Fuck bringing in a actual football person, amiright?!?!
3.) Ted, and TNG, hiring Phil Emory/Trestman.

I fail to understand how a family, whos main stream if income/revenue is a NFL team, can be so fucking "football stupid." It's just fucking mind boggling to me.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You'd be a better troll if you didn't pick on such low hanging fruit. You need to up your game buddy.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Iron Mike wasn't a FB genius and didn't beat ya with 'X's and O's but his guys would run through a well for the maniac.
The Bears lost to the eventual SB winner in the '84' NFCC game W/O McMahon.
Kicked a team up & down the field for 3hrs in the SB and dominated the entire league in 85 WITH McMahon.
Went 14-2 and lost in the divisional round in 86 W/O McMahon.
Went 11-4 and lost again to Wash. in the divisional game with a hobbled and ineffective McMahon in '87',who started only 6 RS games.
'88' saw a 12-4 season and a return to the NFCC game,once again with a hobbled and ineffective McMahon who was healthy enough to start only 9 RS games that year.
11-5 in '90' and a PO win after a down year and 11-5 in '91' too,won the Central div five consecutive times,'84-88'......six times total.
We have to remember that this was the era of Joe Montana and the superior Bill Walsh but even a genius like Bill Walsh ain't winnin' SB's with Fuller,Flutie or Tomczak lining-up under center my friend.
It was a GOOD run and it's a better run if McMahon coulda stayed healthy and if Payton didn't age-out IMO. The McCheapskies also shipped out almost anybody who was due a big contract too.

This doesn't mean Ditka wasn't a 'meatball' who tripped over his ego one too many times though and yes.........it was time for Ditka to go.

Last edited:

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Iron Mike wasn't a FB genius and didn't beat ya with 'X's and O's but his guys would run through a well for the maniac.
The Bears lost to the eventual SB winner in the '84' NFCC game W/O McMahon.
Kicked a team up & down the field for 3hrs in the SB and dominated the entire league in 85 WITH McMahon.
Went 14-2 and lost in the divisional round in 86 W/O McMahon.
Went 11-4 and lost again to Wash. in the divisional game with a hobbled and ineffective McMahon in '87',who started only 6 RS games.
'88' saw a 12-4 season and a return to the NFCC game,once again with a hobbled and ineffective McMahon who was healthy enough to start only 9 RS games that year.
11-5 in '90' and a PO win after a down year and 11-5 in '91' too,won the Central div five consecutive times,'84-88'......six times total.
We have to remember that this was the era of Joe Montana and the superior Bill Walsh but even a genius like Bill Walsh ain't winnin' SB's with Fuller,Flutie or Tomczak lining-up und center my friend.
It was a GOOD run and it's a better run if McMahon coulda stayed healthy and if Payton didn't age-out IMO. The McCheapskies also shipped out almost anybody who was due a big contract too.

This doesn't mean Ditka wasn't a 'meatball' who tripped over his ego one too many times though and yes.........it was time for Ditka to go.
And Michael replaced him with Wanstead, one of the most over hyped crappiest coaches in Bears football followed by the botched hiring of Dave McGinnis.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

You know Fields only completed 2 passes so this argument might be more convincing if QB1 didnt only complete 33% of his passes the same game.

Besides who should be QB2 then? because Bagent seems very comfortable out there and is actually decent runner so they dont have to change anything if he has to come in for a few games, and PJ already got payed more money then most people will make in 10 years of work so his family will be fine, and thats a dumb way to build a football team anyway. put the best players on the team and thats not PJ

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
You know Fields only completed 2 passes so this argument might be more convincing if QB1 didnt only complete 33% of his passes the same game.

Besides who should be QB2 then? because Bagent seems very comfortable out there and is actually decent runner so they dont have to change anything if he has to come in for a few games, and PJ already got payed more money then most people will make in 10 years of work so his family will be fine, and thats a dumb way to build a football team anyway. put the best players on the team and thats not PJ

'Have things to do.' Funny because you're currently going hard in the paint on The Bears country productions YouTube page with your horrible takes and even worse grammar.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
'Have things to do.' Funny because you're currently going hard in the paint on The Bears country productions YouTube page with your horrible takes and even worse grammar.

LMAAAOOOOOO

We all know he has absolutely nothing to do. Those comments are also embarrassing. So many Bears fans are so sure Bagent could just step in and play like a starting QB.

All of these guys were probably impressed with the great Trevor Siemian too.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
LMAAAOOOOOO

We all know he has absolutely nothing to do. Those comments are also embarrassing. So many Bears fans are so sure Bagent could just step in and play like a starting QB.

All of these guys were probably impressed with the great Trevor Siemian too.

His only interests seem to be white quarterbacks and little girl gymnastics.