???OFFICAIL??? NFL PRESEASON WEEK 3: BAERS VS BILLS - SATURDAY @ 12:00PM

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wow. I take back my compliment about the 1st team Pass Pro appearing to look better. This was atrocious —- a turnstile
Did it occur to you that its a screen pass and any blocking here is going to be minimal? It’s basically half-engage and leak out to the flat to get in front of the receiver and clear out space.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fields had two more completions that are somehow not good enough for all of the people who became QB experts within the past two years.
Stevenson is a talented idiot.
Trevis Gipson played up to his competition.
The Bears are about to be on their 4th string C.
DJ Moore good.

And i also didnt watch.

now you go
You forgot that Fields effectively won the QB competition today and relegated the great white Bagent to the bench or PS. It was a razor thin competition until today.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Did it occur to you that its a screen pass and any blocking here is going to be minimal? It’s basically half-engage and leak out to the flat to get in front of the receiver and clear out space.
Without a doubt. But you can’t let your QB get crushed. Nudge him or push him off balance so that he does not get a free shot to smoke your QB1

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Without a doubt. But you can’t let your QB get crushed. Nudge him or push him off balance so that he does not get a free shot to smoke your QB1
QB’s tend to get hit often on screens. This isn’t something out of the ordinary.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Have you guys seen all the love Bagent articles popping up after the game, and the push to make him QB2. You would have thought he looked like Peyton Manning out there today. He was average AT BEST. Really needs to improve arm strength. His accuracy was ok. That potential TD should have been thrown better — Carlson was wide open. The INT was a poor decision and throw. His pass play average was horrible — dink and dunk game personified. Yet by the articles popping up you would think the guy is a surefire Hall of Famer.

This is what I mean by this fan base (and media) not dealing with situations with a level playing field — based upon factors I care not to discuss.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
QB’s tend to get hit often on screens. This isn’t something out of the ordinary.
We can agree on that. Again, it was the kill shot I am concerned with. I doubt the coaching staff drew it up for Fields to take THAT kind of shot. Those are potential season enders.

That said — caveat: some of that could have been on Fields. I would need to hear from the coaches (or Fields) to be sure who is to blame.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
It was a screen play. The OG let the defender go by design.
I don't think so. Looks like he tried to block and completely whiffed and ended up just throwing his left arm out there to slow the defender down.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have you guys seen all the love Bagent articles popping up after the game, and the push to make him QB2. You would have thought he looked like Peyton Manning out there today. He was average AT BEST. Really needs to improve arm strength. His accuracy was ok. That potential TD should have been thrown better — Carlson was wide open. The INT was a poor decision and throw. His pass play average was horrible — dink and dunk game personified. Yet by the articles popping up you would think the guy is a surefire Hall of Famer.

This is what I mean by this fan base (and media) not dealing with situations with a level playing field — based upon factors I care not to discuss.

He does a lot very well. Not saying he will ever be a great starter. (Or even a backup) But it’s a guy who’s expected to do absolutely nothing… that’s playing well. I’m sorry you can’t see it or be excited about it.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

@greg23 thought he looked like a natural back there and that Fields narrowly won the QB competition