**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
...sounds a little like damage control after the fact to me. I don't doubt that they put out inquires, but all these over the top details make it seem like just trying to make their fans, and maybe Kaaron, feel better at this point *shrugs*
100% this is the case. Not going to lie, texting all this shit to my packer friends is feeling weird wonderful. They are in disarray.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The Mapletron nickname has to go away

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Mapletron best nickname ever!!!

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point is peoples expectations were and are unreasonable. He’s a 3rd round pick and he’s been injured and hasn’t played much. He’s been pretty productive when he’s on the field. It’s way too early to judge the pick anyways. There’s a path to a role for him on this team but people are already closing the book and saying it was a wasted pick. The fact that smith was a 3rd round pick is completely irrelevant. The majority of 3rd round picks never make an impact. VJJ still has plenty of time to do that and we’ve already seen glimpses of that.
Correct there's no such thing as a 3rd round bust but the draft is all about value. If they took him as a UDFA and he ever suited up on game day that would be good value. If they took him in the 5th and he replaced an injured starter once or twice that would be good value.

The Bears had so many gaping holes in the roster this off-season that almost any 3rd round pick should have been good enough to at least see some rotational snaps week in and week out. Injured or not this guy has not won enough confidence from the coaches to see the field.

Okay the new consensus is he's a gadget player. He gets another year to show he can get nine yards on third and eight once a week without fucking up. That's his ceiling now. A competent GM can find that guy in later rounds or off the street.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Correct there's no such thing as a 3rd round bust but the draft is all about value. If they took him as a UDFA and he ever suited up on game day that would be good value. If they took him in the 5th and he replaced an injured starter once or twice that would be good value.

The Bears had so many gaping holes in the roster this off-season that almost any 3rd round pick should have been good enough to at least see some rotational snaps week in and week out. Injured or not this guy has not won enough confidence from the coaches to see the field.

Okay the new consensus is he's a gadget player. He gets another year to show he can get nine yards on third and eight once a week without fucking up. That's his ceiling now. A competent GM can find that guy in later rounds or off the street.
Last time I checked, I was always saying he was a gadget player. I used the term “Big Joker”, and said he’d probably get around 7 touches a game and maybe bust one or two open.

I still see him in that role. I see him in the role of a five wide look who then motions to rb. I can see him as an old school Wing Back. I never saw him as a WR 1 or 2. Honestly, I don’t remember anybody giving me pushback on my assessment, yet people are acting shocked now that that’s what he is.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last time I checked, I was always saying he was a gadget player. I used the term “Big Joker”, and said he’d probably get around 7 touches a game and maybe bust one or two open.

I still see him in that role. I see him in the role of a five wide look who then motions to rb. I can see him as an old school Wing Back. I never saw him as a WR 1 or 2. Honestly, I don’t remember anybody giving me pushback on my assessment, yet people are acting shocked now that that’s what he is.
Not shocked and never thought he was supposed to be WR 2 but I hoped he could be a more versatile weapon on special teams like Patterson and that doesn't look promising. People also naturally looked at the pick in the context of Fields needing offensive players around him to succeed and fairly or not that's how the pick will be judged.

Status
Not open for further replies.