**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Is there really such a thing as a terrible 3rd round pick? VJJ has already shown value on the short stuff and jet sweeps. He’s barely played so far because of injury and if he caught that deep ball people would be singing a completely different tune. He burned his man on that play too, just need to catch it next time.

Anyone expecting him to be Steve smith is going to be disappointed…but he could be a useful piece to the offense and contribute. I honestly never understood the outrage about that pick and the narrative that he’s a 3rd round bust (there’s no such thing) ?
That’s the problem, he has terrible hands. yes, he’s fast as hell, but it don’t matter when you are a body catcher with no hands.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That’s the problem, he has terrible hands. yes, he’s fast as hell, but it don’t matter when you are a body catcher with no hands.
He has terrible hands because he dropped a deep ball? Do people ever improve their hands? Do you judge other players after 5 games in limited snaps?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He has terrible hands because he dropped a deep ball? Do people ever improve their hands? Do you judge other players after 5 games in limited snaps?
No, he has terrible hands because he’s had them long before these 5 NFL games.

Do you always assume everyone has only seen him play in these 5 games on limited snaps??

Enasic

Liked Posts:
No, he has terrible hands because he’s had them long before these 5 NFL games.

Do you always assume everyone has only seen him play in these 5 games on limited snaps??
I don’t assume anything as I was talking about his NFL career. Do players ever improve their hands? Does his hands prevent him from being a useful gadget player? Specifically on jet sweeps, screens, short underneath stuff….Is VJJ going to drop every deep ball? are you saying VJJ is a failed pick 5 games into his NFL career?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don’t assume anything as I was talking about his NFL career. Do players ever improve their hands? Does his hands prevent him from being a useful gadget player? Specifically on jet sweeps, screens, short underneath stuff….Is VJJ going to drop every deep ball? are you saying VJJ is a failed pick 5 games into his NFL career?
So his hands are only a thing since he got to the NFL?! Jesus Christ, dude

the guy is 25 years old, you think he’s really going to get much better than he is already? This isn’t a young prospect. This is an old rookie. You don’t think coaches have tried to improve his hands before? He’s got blazing speed, every coach has tried improving his hands already. I guess maybe you think the bears coaches have the magic touch?! Lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is there really such a thing as a terrible 3rd round pick? VJJ has already shown value on the short stuff and jet sweeps. He’s barely played so far because of injury and if he caught that deep ball people would be singing a completely different tune. He burned his man on that play too, just need to catch it next time.

Anyone expecting him to be Steve smith is going to be disappointed…but he could be a useful piece to the offense and contribute. I honestly never understood the outrage about that pick and the narrative that he’s a 3rd round bust (there’s no such thing) ?
I mean it's been a pretty awful showing for him so far with the muffed punts and yeah he should of caught that ball but he didn't which is an issue. If they really wanted him they could of got him 1 or 2 rounds later. Everyone was shocked by the pick when it happened but lets just hope Poles learns from it. I said weeks ago that he should be used how we and now Atl use C.Patterson and he'd be a nice weapon if they do that with him.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
So his hands are only a thing since he got to the NFL?! Jesus Christ, dude

the guy is 25 years old, you think he’s really going to get much better than he is already? This isn’t a young prospect. This is an old rookie. You don’t think coaches have tried to improve his hands before? He’s got blazing speed, every coach has tried improving his hands already. I guess maybe you think the bears coaches have the magic touch?! Lol

Breathe dude.

What is the age exactly that you can no longer improve your hands. Is it 25? Good to know Lol

If he were a 1st/2nd rd pick and if the Bears needed him to be a pure WR and huge part of the offense as a receiver, his hands would be more of a concern. But that’s not the case. They can use him on jet sweeps/screens/short stuff with the occasional deep shot thrown in. He’s more of a gadget player than pure WR and there’s nothing wrong with that.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Breathe dude.

What is the age exactly that you can no longer improve your hands. Is it 25? Good to know Lol

If he were a 1st/2nd rd pick and if the Bears needed him to be a pure WR and huge part of the offense as a receiver, his hands would be more of a concern. But that’s not the case. They can use him on jet sweeps/screens/short stuff with the occasional deep shot thrown in. He’s more of a gadget player than pure WR and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Did I say that? No, I did not.

So 1st/2nd round picks would be bad, but since he was taken in the 3rd it’s no big deal? Mmmmk

Fact is he’s not a WR even really. He’s a gadget player that should probably figure out how to do what Patterson did, play RB. Fact is, the bears used a 3rd round pick(apparently a pick that doesn’t matter to you) on a guy that will get maybe 3 touches a game, and likely to fumble one of those

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I mean it's been a pretty awful showing for him so far with the muffed punts and yeah he should of caught that ball but he didn't which is an issue. If they really wanted him they could of got him 1 or 2 rounds later. Everyone was shocked by the pick when it happened but lets just hope Poles learns from it. I said weeks ago that he should be used how we and now Atl use C.Patterson and he'd be a nice weapon if they do that with him.

Yeah he shouldn’t be on punts. Keep him off punt return duties and leave him on kickoff returns

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Did I say that? No, I did not.

So 1st/2nd round picks would be bad, but since he was taken in the 3rd it’s no big deal? Mmmmk

Fact is he’s not a WR even really. He’s a gadget player that should probably figure out how to do what Patterson did, play RB. Fact is, the bears used a 3rd round pick(apparently a pick that doesn’t matter to you) on a guy that will get maybe 3 touches a game, and likely to fumble one of those

Considering most 3rd round picks bust, I don’t expect a player to step in immediately and look amazing. Yes, he’s a gadget player as I said. He will also get more than 3 touches a game and now that he’s not returning punts, I don’t expect the fumbles to be an issue.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Considering most 3rd round picks bust, I don’t expect a player to step in immediately and look amazing. Yes, he’s a gadget player as I said. He will also get more than 3 touches a game and now that he’s not returning punts, I don’t expect the fumbles to be an issue.
Why do you think they took him off punt returns? It’s cuz he can’t catch the ball! lmao

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Why do you think they took him off punt returns? It’s cuz he can’t catch the ball! lmao

But he can catch them on kickoffs? Whoa….you’re trying too hard dude. He’s a gadget player. There’s a role there for him. People calling it a wasted pick already 5 games into his career is silly.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
But he can catch them on kickoffs? Whoa….you’re trying too hard dude. He’s a gadget player. There’s a role there for him. People calling it a wasted pick already 5 games into his career is silly.
You’re trying to hard to keep framing it as if his football career is just the 5 NFL games. As if there’s nothing to learn from a player in college…where btw, I watched him actually play. I knew it was a wasted pick the moment I heard it made.

You can’t see it yet, and that’s fine. You’ll learn eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.