**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
God that was such a terrible pick. Why does every GM have that “I’m smarter than everyone else” pick in each of their drafts? Lol
Is there really such a thing as a terrible 3rd round pick? VJJ has already shown value on the short stuff and jet sweeps. He’s barely played so far because of injury and if he caught that deep ball people would be singing a completely different tune. He burned his man on that play too, just need to catch it next time.

Anyone expecting him to be Steve smith is going to be disappointed…but he could be a useful piece to the offense and contribute. I honestly never understood the outrage about that pick and the narrative that he’s a 3rd round bust (there’s no such thing) ?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Is there really such a thing as a terrible 3rd round pick? VJJ has already shown value on the short stuff and jet sweeps. He’s barely played so far because of injury and if he caught that deep ball people would be singing a completely different tune. He burned his man on that play too, just need to catch it next time.

Anyone expecting him to be Steve smith is going to be disappointed…but he could be a useful piece to the offense and contribute. I honestly never understood the outrage about that pick and the narrative that he’s a 3rd round bust (there’s no such thing) ?
What?

Firstly, Steve Smith was a 3rd round pick. What is the point there?

Secondly, my opinion is that draft picks in rounds 1-3 are the high pics. A 3rd rounder is still pretty valuable imo.

You make it sound like it’s a 6th round pick. Hyperbole imo.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
What?

Firstly, Steve Smith was a 3rd round pick. What is the point there?

Secondly, my opinion is that draft picks in rounds 1-3 are the high pics. A 3rd rounder is still pretty valuable imo.

You make it sound like it’s a 6th round pick. Hyperbole imo.
The point is peoples expectations were and are unreasonable. He’s a 3rd round pick and he’s been injured and hasn’t played much. He’s been pretty productive when he’s on the field. It’s way too early to judge the pick anyways. There’s a path to a role for him on this team but people are already closing the book and saying it was a wasted pick. The fact that smith was a 3rd round pick is completely irrelevant. The majority of 3rd round picks never make an impact. VJJ still has plenty of time to do that and we’ve already seen glimpses of that.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I’d also like to point out that Christian Watson who was drafted in the 2nd round and many on here wanted the Bears to draft, has less than 100 total yards on the season and also dropped a deep ball. Should we proclaim him a bust already?

It’s just funny that people putting 1st round expectations on a 3rd round pick. As I said before, most never make it and to expect immediate impact/production from a 3rd round pick is unreasonable. There’s no possible way anyone could judge the VJJ pick right now. It’s been 5 games for him coming off injury

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’d also like to point out that Christian Watson who was drafted in the 2nd round and many on here wanted the Bears to draft, has less than 100 total yards on the season and also dropped a deep ball. Should we proclaim him a bust already?

It’s just funny that people putting 1st round expectations on a 3rd round pick. As I said before, most never make it and to expect immediate impact/production from a 3rd round pick is unreasonable. There’s no possible way anyone could judge the VJJ pick right now. It’s been 5 games for him coming off injury
This is fair. He looks NFL ready with the ball in his hands. I have no issue with him returning kickoffs either. I do not want him returning punts. It is one of the hardest jobs in the NFL. It requires nerves of steel and great hands. He doesn’t have great hands.

Pettis is a professional punt returner.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All the talk about the Packers trying aggressively to get any of those players is bullshit. If they truly felt they needed to add one of those guys they have more than enough assets via players or draft capital to make it happen. They would have overplayed but decided against it.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
All the talk about the Packers trying aggressively to get any of those players is bullshit. If they truly felt they needed to add one of those guys they have more than enough assets via players or draft capital to make it happen. They would have overplayed but decided against it.
I’m not sure. I think it is more a question of value with a more subversive question of belief in Rogers.

I was just watching my man over at CFC. Here:

He made an interesting argument that getting Claypool was an overpay because it went above what he considered the market value to be. He pointed out that Poles was happy to make what he considered to be an overpay. In Spades parlance, he dropped little Joker to set his opponent and take a book. He kept Big for a later play by keeping his first round pick, that he could still flip for more 2nd round picks if a QB is on the board.

I’m just sitting there watching it like, y’all know this shit’s capitalism, right? Like whoever controls what you want can determine what you pay. So, the market scarcity of, an albeit possible, X receiver determines the cost outlay and drives the bidding. It would have cost GB their first. I’d bet dollars to donuts, that was the next ask by the Steelers.

They, rightfully, balked. But, this balking is also a low key admission that they are not all in on Rogers, and maybe even Love, because they value their 1st rounder OVER a WR that could potentially help them win now. I’m reading the tea leaves as they are gearing up for a rebuild. So, Fuck Green Bay, amirite? Couldn’t happen to a nicer QB or team.

Last edited:

Enasic

Liked Posts:
This is fair. He looks NFL ready with the ball in his hands. I have no issue with him returning kickoffs either. I do not want him returning punts. It is one of the hardest jobs in the NFL. It requires nerves of steel and great hands. He doesn’t have great hands.

Pettis is a professional punt returner.
Agreed. Let him return kickoffs. Keep him away from punts

Status
Not open for further replies.