**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Couldn't they probably trade him for a package similar to what Mack got?
I bet he goes for less than that. Considering Edge vs interior player, especially if we take on all salary vs with Mack, Chargers pay nothing this year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That’s not what I’m seeing.

It looks like Justin Fields is running for his life on almost every play. Even on max protect looks, he’s being forced to roll out of the pocket to avoid a sack.

Is the offensive line looking better BECAUSE of Justin Fields?

It’s certainly part of it. Not all…. But a good part of it.

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
Think they started calling them once they started to trust he could protect himself. Early on he would slide late and high and expose himself to concusion causing hits. He is much better now at protecting himself.
I don't think that is an adequate excuse. He would have learned earlier like he learned this year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think that is an adequate excuse. He would have learned earlier like he learned this year.

Referring to this staff not Nagy. Yes maybe he would learned earlier or maybe he would have been lost for the season like Lance.

Fields took hits early this year that have taken other QBs out. If this was Tua for example he would probably on his 4th or 5th concussion.

Lance took a beating against Bears and then was gone for the year the next week.

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
Referring to this staff not Nagy. Yes maybe he would learned earlier or maybe he would have been lost for the season like Lance.

Fields took hits early this year that have taken other QBs out. If this was Tua for example he would probably on his 4th or 5th concussion.

Lance took a beating against Bears and then was gone for the year the next week.
A guy can get hurt on any play. I think Justin is a better passing threat than Trey and puts the defense in a tough spot. But that only happens if he gets out of the pocket. They have to decide do we stop the runner or the passer. Its tough to do both.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A guy can get hurt on any play. I think Justin is a better passing threat than Trey and puts the defense in a tough spot. But that only happens if he gets out of the pocket. They have to decide do we stop the runner or the passer. Its tough to do both.

Sure but when you run more like RGIII than Jackson then it is a bigger risk. Fields awareness has improved dramitically.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Getting Buckner opens up the first round for a stud OL/Edge/WR.
If they could get Buckner for the '24 FRP that helps the franchise rebuild so much more faster and better than whatever that 20-32 pick probably ends up being.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I would not trade for anyone at this point that costs draft picks.
Why? If Fields continues to improve this year, the window is wide open. And he's only cheap for two more years.

There might be 2 or 3 players in the league that improve this defense as much as Buckner would.

Status
Not open for further replies.