**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Hurts is probably the best comp if you're just going to use one guy. Another good comp is Josh Allen due to his size , arm strength and down field accuracy, but Fields is a lot faster than him.

I don't see a ton of Lamar Jackson as he's more of like a scat back compared to Fields' power back, but he's really the only comp that captures Fields' rushing ability overall, so it's almost like you have to include him.
I think Fields has much more arm talent than Hurts. I think in terms of leadership and personality, Fields and Hurts are very similar. They are similar style runners, I guess. But I think Fields has more upside as a passer. I think people forget about Watson's style of play because it's been a while since we've seen him play. But style wise, Watson and Fields have always been similar to me. Fields is bigger, faster, stronger, and has a better arm; but I think they are similar style players with Fields now having the ability to run designed QB runs, while Watson is more of a scrambler.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dropped him after a few games. Now Josh Allen is questionable. Not good a move lol
I Fields as my backup to Mahomes. Feel good about my situation

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Massive credit to Pace. Fuck Nagy. But yeah, some stones on Pace.

It is almost universal that after a highly drafted QB busts, teams go for a veteran journey type in a desperate attempt to put a winning team together immediately.

Front offices are in that situation know they prob only have one or two years left to start winning. And they don't want a rookie that will inevitably need time learn. Kudos to Pace basically dooming himself.

But fuck Nagy for being a puss and and trying to force the veteran washup

EDIT: To be clear, Pace fucked the roster plenty hard enough to be shown the door, but I give him credit for leaving Fields as a parting gift. It's rare that someone so clearly on their way out will still make a long term investment.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
They definitely notice because they, and you, follow me around on here. LOL

The funny part is how much you care.
No one is following you. When I tag you in a post and notice you don’t respond it’s obvious what’s going on…..You have nothing to respond with.

That’s the funny part?? Ohhh boy

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No one is following you. When I tag you in a post and notice you don’t respond it’s obvious what’s going on…..You have nothing to respond with.

That’s the funny part?? Ohhh boy
Why would i have anything to say? I stand behind everything i said before these last 4 weeks or so and everything i've said since he finally started playing well. I'm good. The Bears have a legit starting QB and i'm happy. You should try it sometime.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hurts is probably the best comp if you're just going to use one guy. Another good comp is Josh Allen due to his size , arm strength and down field accuracy, but Fields is a lot faster than him.

I don't see a ton of Lamar Jackson as he's more of like a scat back compared to Fields' power back, but he's really the only comp that captures Fields' rushing ability overall, so it's almost like you have to include him.

Said this before. Fields is goldilocks. Allen gives you power while Jackson gives you speed. Fields is just the right mix between the two.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Why would i have anything to say? I stand behind everything i said before these last 4 weeks or so and everything i've said since he finally started playing well. I'm good. The Bears have a legit starting QB and i'm happy. You should try it sometime.
I should try what sometime? Adding that to the end of your spiel has no purpose or meaning. Stop following me around bandwagon fan.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trading away more pics for another rookie QB after whiffing the same scenario before is not obvious or typical.

It is unless you subscribe to sunk cost fallacy. Furthermore Nagy wasnt here for Trubisky and it was Nagy's relationship with Day that sold the Bears on Fields.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

In his latest column discussing Rodgers’ looming salary bump, Rob Demovsky of ESPN put everything into bleak focus. Unless the quarterback retires, the team faces a lose-lose situation in 2023 if they want to move on.

freestar
ADVERTISING

Cutting him is out of the question.​

THIS IS THE LEAST LIKELY SCENARIO, ESPECIALLY BEFORE JUNE 1, BECAUSE THEY WOULD STILL HAVE TO PAY RODGERS THE OPTION BONUS AND HIS 2023 BASE SALARY.
THEY WOULD ALSO HAVE TO COUNT MORE THAN $99 MILLION IN DEAD MONEY ON THEIR 2023 CAP, WHICH IS UNTENABLE. WAITING UNTIL AFTER JUNE 1 WOULD ACTUALLY PROVIDE A NET SALARY-CAP SAVINGS OF $50,000, EVEN THOUGH THE DEAD-MONEY HIT WOULD BE MORE THAN $31.5 MILLION IN 2023 AND MORE THAN DOUBLE THAT IN 2024.
IT WOULD ALSO MEAN THE PACKERS WOULD RECEIVE NO COMPENSATION (E.G., DRAFT PICKS) IF RODGERS WERE TO PLAY FOR ANOTHER TEAM AFTER HIS RELEASE.
No problem, right? They can merely entertain teams in trade talks. Certainly, somebody will want to take the future Hall of Famer. Nope. Even that is almost impossible at this point.
ONE SOURCE FAMILIAR WITH THE CONTRACT BELIEVES THE BEST WAY TO TRADE RODGERS, ESPECIALLY BEFORE JUNE 1, WOULD BE FOR A PLAYER WITH A SIMILAR CONTRACT BECAUSE OF ALL THE DEAD MONEY INVOLVED AND SUGGESTED A PLAYER LIKE RUSSELL WILSON WOULD FIT THAT DESCRIPTION.
“THE ONLY REAL WAY TO TRADE HIM BEFORE JUNE 1 IS FOR ANOTHER PLAYER WITH A BAD CONTRACT,” THE SOURCE SAID. “AND THAT WON’T HAPPEN.”
1668075484583.jpeg
The rise of da Bears with the concurrent fall of FGB mirrors the Shakespearean X whereby the rise of one character develops alongside the fall of another. Yup. This shit’s Shakespeare. Fucking beautiful, man.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
EDIT: To be clear, Pace fucked the roster plenty hard enough to be shown the door, but I give him credit for leaving Fields as a parting gift. It's rare that someone so clearly on their way out will still make a long term investment.
I always viewed it as the last grasp to keep their jobs. Can't expect a rookie QB to carry the team and resets Nagy's 3 years to learn the offense. If any promise was shown, there should be a 2 year extension. It might have worked if Nagy had made any adjustments to protect Fields or highlight his special traits. Instead he expected him to run the same offense, take hit after hit and get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.