**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why? He hasn’t really done much

(Admittedly I’m just going on stats)
Hardeman has been a big disappointment in KC. Has the best QB in the league and on of the best offenses in the league and yet he still can’t consistently produce. His failure to become a consistent 3rd option in the receiving game is one of the reasons their offense sputters in the postseason. Most Chiefs fans are just lukewarm on him.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Hardeman has been a big disappointment in KC. Has the best QB in the league and on of the best offenses in the league and yet he still can’t consistently produce. His failure to become a consistent 3rd option in the receiving game is one of the reasons their offense sputters in the postseason. Most Chiefs fans are just lukewarm on him.
Agree. He seems like just a roster spot guy, similar to Pringle.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why? He hasn’t really done much

(Admittedly I’m just going on stats)

He has had over 500 yards every year, is young and fast. He is fine as a 3rd WR that can stretch the field and has YAC ability.

He is a consistent 3rd WR as he averages between 500-700 yards which is fine for a 3rd WR. People dont like him in KC as they wanted him to eventually replace Hill and be a No 1 or high end No 2 which he isnt.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
God that was such a terrible pick. Why does every GM have that “I’m smarter than everyone else” pick in each of their drafts? Lol
At least it wasn't the result of trading up from 3 to 2

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kinds like Jordan Addison over Johnston who they unfortunately have going one pick later to GB.
I like them both, but Johnston is a big body, another guy that can go up and get it. He's a beast.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
So will they do anything about this? Do referees ever face any consequences? What about those EIGHT missed delay of game penalties on the Packers? JFC NFL, get your shit together.
yes and no, missed calls can disqualify crews from refing playoff games but they arent going to ever publically scold or fire them. NFL refs association basically operates under "our refs are infallible" doctrine and even the mighty NFL owners havent been able to crack that nut. Remember the 1 season where PI was challengeable but the ref association threw a hissy fit and refused to overturn anything that was called on the field?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So will they do anything about this? Do referees ever face any consequences? What about those EIGHT missed delay of game penalties on the Packers? JFC NFL, get your shit together.
They do nothing. It’s pointless.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He has had over 500 yards every year, is young and fast. He is fine as a 3rd WR that can stretch the field and has YAC ability.

He is a consistent 3rd WR as he averages between 500-700 yards which is fine for a 3rd WR. People dont like him in KC as they wanted him to eventually replace Hill and be a No 1 or high end No 2 which he isnt.
Yeah, Hardman is the only WR I'd spend money on. Get the OL together and let him and Mooney run crossers all day with Claypool down the field. Not quite the Hill/Waddle combo, but that's killer speed to have to deal with.

Hell, put Velus as a hybrid RB type, and you have 4.3s with Fields, Velus, Mooney, and Hardman and Claypool would be the "slow" guy at 4.42.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
"He's like all those black guys that can run"

Really though, Watson was always my comp for Fields coming out (holds the ball and takes too many sacks, likes to go down the field, despite recent games, isn't really "run first" but will kill you with his legs if needed). Never compared him to Jackson until seeing him run Lamar's offense. The comparison to Hurts is more in terms of career trajectory. So that's not a bad comparison.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
"He's like all those black guys that can run"

Really though, Watson was always my comp for Fields coming out (holds the ball and takes too many sacks, likes to go down the field, despite recent games, isn't really "run first" but will kill you with his legs if needed). Never compared him to Jackson until seeing him run Lamar's offense. The comparison to Hurts is more in terms of career trajectory. So that's not a bad comparison.
Hurts is probably the best comp if you're just going to use one guy. Another good comp is Josh Allen due to his size , arm strength and down field accuracy, but Fields is a lot faster than him.

I don't see a ton of Lamar Jackson as he's more of like a scat back compared to Fields' power back, but he's really the only comp that captures Fields' rushing ability overall, so it's almost like you have to include him.

Status
Not open for further replies.