**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If this defense makes Mike White look good Flus better hand in his coaching card.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And you're basing that off what?

Because even if people don't fully like PFF, its still a grading system thats more thorough than "but I like this guy better just because"

Yeah not sure why this is a difficult concept. These guys rail against PFF as if their opinions are better. The reason PFF has value is not because they are always right but because they have a process to evaluate every play of every player that makes their result more reliable than some bozo on the internet they like Raimann better because they so 10 plays of him where he didn't fuck up.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
If this defense makes Mike White look good Flus better hand in his coaching card.
Lol. Goes to show how bad the D really is.

That’s why fans shouldn’t be shocked and melt down when the first, and maybe first 2, picks in the draft will be on the defensive side of the ball.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol. Goes to show how bad the D really is.

That’s why fans shouldn’t be shocked and melt down when the first, and maybe first 2, picks in the draft will be on the defensive side of the ball.

Fields, Mooney, Claypool, Herbert, Kmet, Jones, Jenkins, Borom, That is 8 potential starters/contributers that are 25 or under. The Bears don't need more young offensive players. They need some anchor vets to help guide all these young guys to their full potential. Get some impact vets for the O via free agency. Focus the draft on getting some starting caliber players at key positions on D as we only really have 4 legit starters on D 25 or younger ie Johnson, Brisker, Gordon, and Sanborn.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
In general, people look at OL too closed-mindedly. It's a unit, each position isn't a singular position. I'm not "replacing" Jones at LT. I'm moving him to RT in this scenario and putting a top 10 pick (AKA a more talented player) at LT. The Bears will probably leave Jones at LT, because that's the position he's played adequately, but if I said I was taking a RT in the top 10, everyone would have flipped out because it's not the blind side! And that mentality leads to passing up a top 10 talent and waiting for value at RT, which makes your OL not as talented overall.

Whitehair is average. Actually, he's probably on the lower end of average. And while it's admirable that he's played decently, you'd be paying a 31 year old, who has missed multiple games 2 of the last 3 years, a 14.1Mil cap hit. And while, I know cap isn't a problem, it's simply not a smart move to pay 14Mil for average play that is getting older.

Patrick is not only much cheaper, he's younger, will have fresher legs from missing a ton of time this year and again, knows the offense which was such a big key for the Bears this year. It shouldn't be an either/or with Whitehair anyway. If they get rid of both, I wouldn't complain. But logically speaking, Patrick hasn't done anything at the position he was brought in to play to show that the Bears should give up on him playing that position.

But C is NOT the biggest issue on the line. Again, that's looking at it too closed-minded. The biggest issue on the line is talent. Get talent and then figure out where to put them. Spending money on a C instead of say, a LG, means you are focusing on 1 singular position of a 5-man unit. You're also limiting the quality of player you can get if you're only looking for centers.
Except Center IS a singular position and should be treated accordingly.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Fields, Mooney, Claypool, Herbert, Kmet, Jones, Jenkins, Borom, That is 8 potential starters/contributers that are 25 or under. The Bears don't need more young offensive players. They need some anchor vets to help guide all these young guys to their full potential. Get some impact vets for the O via free agency. Focus the draft on getting some starting caliber players at key positions on D as we only really have 4 legit starters on D 25 or younger ie Johnson, Brisker, Gordon, and Sanborn.
Completely agree.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And you're basing that off what?

Because even if people don't fully like PFF, its still a grading system thats more thorough than "but I like this guy better just because"
It's still a grading system that doesn't tell the whole truth and that's my issue with certain people using that as how good or bad a player is playing. Not saying it doesn't help and never have said that but you still have to use it with a grain of salt.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If it hurts to throw then stop throwing. Shut him down for a few weeks and take it from there. Looking forward to seeing Trev throw for 200 yards and score 16 points
I think he should sit out the season. These Jack offs don’t care about him and won’t protect him. He should protect himself from this organization

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are the king of caping for the bears FO. It's honestly pretty embarrassing. I think poles if he were being honest would say he wasn't able to do much for the offense last offseason because of his resources, but here you are caping because they got a 5th round offensive lineman and spent less money on offense than any other team in the league.

I have no issue with poles and think he worked with what he had available to him and did what he thought was best for the future. But I'm not going to sit here and make up features of this offense that he built up. They have a bad OL and bad WRs.
Deebo lite!

Status
Not open for further replies.