My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Home vs Panthers would be great.
It would be a good one for ratings, as far as pregame hype goes. My next-door neighbor has a Panthers shrine in his garage. I am thinking of painting my garage wall that faces out all white with a pair of orange and blue vertical stripes, and then keep a tally of TD passes on Young vs Williams on either side.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
give me all Sunday afternoon games please. That way I can get wasted and pass out with enough time to sober up before work.

Seriously though, a nice easy week one matchup out of primetime would be nice.

msadows

Liked Posts:
give me all Sunday afternoon games please. That way I can get wasted and pass out with enough time to sober up before work.

Seriously though, a nice easy week one matchup out of primetime would be nice.

You're gonna get primetime my guy, and you're going to like it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think that the league would benefit from a good game from the rookie against another team with a potential rising star at QB. Away at Indy or Houston, or Home vs Carolina sound like a good matchup for TV reasons.

They play the texans in preseason for HoF game so its very unlikely week 1 will be vs. houston.

I do think that would be a primetime matchup tho when they do play. Crazy to think, but the texans didnt have a single primetime matchup last year at schedule release. The NFL schedule makers even slept on CJ Stroud.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Where did you see this?

Chicago had 4 last year, I think the max is 6. Would not shock me if they get 6. I guess you could count london as one of those too, but its techniccally not prime time.
I haven’t seen the 5 prime time games in 2024. They have yet to be played.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
They play the texans in preseason for HoF game so its very unlikely week 1 will be vs. houston.

I do think that would be a primetime matchup tho when they do play. Crazy to think, but the texans didnt have a single primetime matchup last year at schedule release. The NFL schedule makers even slept on CJ Stroud.
If I were the schedule maker, I would pick Carolina as the week 1 matchup for 1:00 EST, and give this team four primetime matchups. one game for Detroit and GB (and I would slate Detroit for Thanksgiving and put the GB matchup in CHI), Houston and Washington.

Indy is also tempting for week 1, as the two teams have a lot of fans that live between the two cities, and bleed into a lot of nearby media markets. This matchup would probably compete as one of the major broadcasted games in most midwest markets.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It would be a good one for ratings, as far as pregame hype goes. My next-door neighbor has a Panthers shrine in his garage. I am thinking of painting my garage wall that faces out all white with a pair of orange and blue vertical stripes, and then keep a tally of TD passes on Young vs Williams on either side.
I live in western NC. Not many people advertise being a Carolina fan if they are here, but when I do venture toward Charlotte I see more paraphernalia. I just smile but refrain from saying anything cause the people are pretty damn nice down here and I don't want to get them going "uggghhh."

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
There's likely primetime games vs. Detroit (Thanksgiving) and GB. They'll have a tnf game and I'd guess that's against Carolina or Washington. Does London count as primetime? That's Jacksonville. Then I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of SF or Houston is snf/mnf

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
As others have said, GB plays the Eagles in Brazil and we play the Texans in preseason. Both of those teams won't be the opener.

Last year we started the season with a divisional game. I'm not sure that will happen two years in a row. I could see it being the Rams at home on Sunday night.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're starting everyone off with division games lately. Assuming that's the case, to me, it makes sense to pair up Detroit with Green Bay as the two clear leaders for the division, then us with Minnesota for what could be a battle of two rookie QBs. That'd give us the best chance for a win out of the gates as well because Minnesota has plenty of turnover just like us.
Green Bay is playing in Brazil the first week, try again......

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not going to say it isn't possible, but I expect the Lions - San Fran on Sunday night of opening week to be more likely.
Not sure the NFL wants to highlight a rookie QB in his first week.
Yeah because Caleb is a rookie they don't want to put him in front of a larger audience lololololololo

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Not going to say it isn't possible, but I expect the Lions - San Fran on Sunday night of opening week to be more likely.
Not sure the NFL wants to highlight a rookie QB in his first week.
Why wouldn’t they want to highlight the #1 overall pick from a team that is in one of the largest markets in the NFL in his first game?

This is genuinely a puzzling take.