Official 2023 Training Camp thread

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At least 6 teams fucked up when they didn't draft Fields. What a draft night. As an OSU fan, I went into that draft with so much hope. And then we got Fields and I was so excited. And then I was like, "But Nagy and Pace..." Lol. God, I fucking hated Nagy so much. It got to the point where I couldn't stand to see his face or hear his fucking dipshit PA accent. Ugh. For the record, I don't hate him anymore.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I dont think its a BS story, its been reported since day 1 that shanny loved lance.

This quote made me LOL tho:

The debate was settle on the flight back from Justin Fields Second Pro Day which they both agreed was extremely impressive. But on the way back from that workout, Shanahan was working on his iPad on plays for Lance. “He was drawing stuff up with Trey Lance in mind and we had just come from Justin Fields and we both agreed his workout was fantastic,” Lynch said. “That’s when I said, ‘Man, he’s really all in on this Lance. I’m not going to win him over.”
Shades of Phil Emery being autistic af and thinking Trestman was a better option than Bruce Arians.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I love it here.

But back on topic please before @dbldrew feels the need to menstruate all over the forum about me being a terrible mod, because he can't distinguish between casual chit chat and trolling/back and forth bickering.
Is what you did here with tagging me casual chit chat or would this fall into the trolling/bickering category? Seems the latter doesn't it?
Time to give yourself a short timeout I guess..

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Shanny fucks up and doesn't draft Fields.

Getsy get's a head coach job after the Bears have a top 10 offense this year.

Shanny get's fired as HC.

Bears hire Shanny as Getsy's replacement.

Shanny and Justin become Super Friends and lead the Bears to a decade of offense excellence.

Velus sits on a rocking chair on his porch in the year 2028 watching yet another Bears SB appearance and tells his grand kids " I used to know that Justin fella"

Biff writes an article in 2035 (that no one reads) about how Justin was a failure since he only tied Jordan with 6 championships.
giphy.gif

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shades of Phil Emery being autistic af and thinking Trestman was a better option than Bruce Arians.
I am still ticked off about this one. Bruce Arians had the stones to (rightfully at the time) criticize Tom Brady's play. Eventually that team got it together and won the SB that year.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Wednesday and Thursday joint practices with the Colts are at 5 pm. We will get a better indication from these practices than the actual game on Saturday.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Man, don't know if its the forum software or on the end of X (Twitter), but it really sucks not having the posts auto-load any more.

Its forum software. I'm guessing when it sees a certain media domain(youtube, twitter, etc) it auto embeds it.

You can't embed it because x.com is not associated with media in the forum code.

If you chance the x.com to twitter.com it still works:

msadows

Liked Posts:
At least 6 teams fucked up when they didn't draft Fields. What a draft night. As an OSU fan, I went into that draft with so much hope. And then we got Fields and I was so excited. And then I was like, "But Nagy and Pace..." Lol. God, I fucking hated Nagy so much. It got to the point where I couldn't stand to see his face or hear his fucking dipshit PA accent. Ugh. For the record, I don't hate him anymore.

I forgive pace if fields ends up becoming elite. One thing heavily overlooked is that giants trade may not happen if pace was not so close to gettleman.

I always think what the bears would have done had the vikings not been bitches and offered two firsts to the Giants, like they wanted. Bears would have been living with Fat Mac Jones.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Man, don't know if its the forum software or on the end of X (Twitter), but it really sucks not having the posts auto-load any more.
Ikr? Makes it difficult for you to parrot fake news to support your ignorant takes as you choose not to walk them back but double down.

L

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So basically Packers fans are all up in arms over the Herbert TD saying that the linemen were too far down the field. When Fields actually threw the ball, the linemen were within the 1yd(ish) past the LOS which is allowed. That is allowed if the pass doesn’t go past the LOS.
Packers fans are about to get a rude awakening on officiating that is favorable to players that are considered the face of the NFL.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
So basically Packers fans are all up in arms over the Herbert TD saying that the linemen were too far down the field. When Fields actually threw the ball, the linemen were within the 1yd(ish) past the LOS which is allowed. That is allowed if the pass doesn’t go past the LOS.
Think that rule is only NCAA but I can’t find the official rule book wording on the internet. Regardless it’s preseason so refs clearly dgaf about ticky tacky shit.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Think that rule is only NCAA but I can’t find the official rule book wording on the internet. Regardless it’s preseason so refs clearly dgaf about ticky tacky shit.
College is basically any pass behind the LOS that linemen can be down the field.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I forgive pace if fields ends up becoming elite. One thing heavily overlooked is that giants trade may not happen if pace was not so close to gettleman.

I always think what the bears would have done had the vikings not been bitches and offered two firsts to the Giants, like they wanted. Bears would have been living with Fat Mac Jones.
I always felt like Pace was acting under the urgency of trying to "win one" for Virginia before she passed away. All of his decisions were centered on "pay for talent at any cost and worry about the bill later."

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ikr? Makes it difficult for you to parrot fake news to support your ignorant takes as you choose not to walk them back but double down.

L
You’re mouth is cashing what you’re fist can’t check.