Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The Wednesday and Thursday joint practices with the Colts are at 5 pm. We will get a better indication from these practices than the actual game on Saturday.
Agreed packers fans are hyped about loves performance Saturday. The truth is it sounds like cincy starters crushed him in practice. But he was better against the backups he faced in the game

msadows

Liked Posts:
Agreed packers fans are hyped about loves performance Saturday. The truth is it sounds like cincy starters crushed him in practice. But he was better against the backups he faced in the game

Still looked like poop outside of that TD throw.

Some people seem to forget that all these dudes can make nice throws every so often, they wouldn't be in the nfl otherwise.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Still looked like poop outside of that TD throw.

Some people seem to forget that all these dudes can make nice throws every so often, they wouldn't be in the nfl otherwise.
It's all about consistency. The deep ball to Watson was a good ball as well but a better play by the defender to break it up. The miss on the wide open ball down the middle to the TE earlier was terrible. I would expect a backup QB to make that throw.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So basically Packers fans are all up in arms over the Herbert TD saying that the linemen were too far down the field. When Fields actually threw the ball, the linemen were within the 1yd(ish) past the LOS which is allowed. That is allowed if the pass doesn’t go past the LOS.

If you freeze this at 3 seconds, Whitehair is fully past the 45 yard line (ball was on the 44) when the ball was thrown. 69 still had a foot that appears to be behind the 34. Issue was Fields got flushed so the ball didn't get out on time so threw the timing off.

It is funny though watching Packers fans get upset over preseason calls.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Whitehair was beyond 1 yard when the ball was thrown. 69 was just at 1 yard. Issue was Fields got flushed so the ball didn't get out on time.

Packers have gotten away with those calls dozens of times in real NFL Games.

They are the kings of getting breaks from the refs, particularly on screens.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

If you freeze this at 3 seconds, Whitehair is fully past the 45 yard line (ball was on the 44) when the ball was thrown. 69 still had a foot that appears to be behind the 34. Issue was Fields got flushed so the ball didn't get out on time so threw the timing off.

Yes but the NFL allows for ref’s discretion on how tightly they call screen plays, particularly if the QB escapes the pocket. It’s not enforced as much.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yes but the NFL allows for ref’s discretion on how tightly they call screen plays, particularly if the QB escapes the pocket. It’s not enforced as much.
They tend to allow up to three yards especially when the QB is flushed.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Yep - I tried pointing this out in the preseason game thread, but man, the Cody Whitehair stans here are ridiculous.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
You understand that regular newspapers and news sites and subscription journals are dying right? So people have to get clicks/views to make money. They are adjusting to what works otherwise they'll be out of a job. Thanks for your take though Jabba the hut
You are on ignore, I see that you don't just derail my posts but you do the same thing to everyone here. Do you ever talk football or are you always a jerk?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yep - I tried pointing this out in the preseason game thread, but man, the Cody Whitehair stans here are ridiculous.
You were pointing it out about a different play, the screen to Moore. This is why people were disagreeing with you. Nothing to do with Whitehair.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not sure what this has to do with Whitehair. He did nothing wrong on the play. The Titans blitzed so had 6 guys coming so with Carter, Whitehair and Herbert releasing on the screen it is 3 blockers vs 6 pass rushers. So pretty much the QB has to get the ball out as there is no way to block that blitz without killing the screen play.

That is pretty much why it went for a TD because once the blitz couldn't sack Fields there were only 5 players for Herbert to beat and he had 6 blockers.