Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
There was some podcast that talked about Mahomes and his air yards per TD. Four years ago, it was something like 17 yards per TD thrown, 3 years ago, it was something like 12 yards per TD, 2 years ago, it was something like 8 yards per TD and last year, it was down to 4 yards per TD.

Now I have to be honest and say that I have not watched every single TD of Mahomes and perhaps he had most of his TDs in his career with air yards per TD being almost equal to his yards per TD, meaning that he was throwing his TD passes for receptions at around the 5 yard line with the receiver then walking into the endzone, if not catching TDs in the endzone, but I really do not believe that is the case.

Mahomes decided that his receivers could make his life easier by letting them run after the catch on shorter and shorter routes, especially with his top receiver leaving for Miami.

Fields will make his own life easier by taking some of those layups and letting his playmakers make plays. The more he does that, the more yards he will get, the easier it will become (practice), the more spread out the defense will be, thus, the easier for the defense to breakdown on coverage every now and then, the easier the rushing game will be because of less defenders in the box, the easier Fields will be able to pickup a first down with his legs with zero defenders close enough to even touch him and, finally, the more time of possession the Bears will be able to eat up.

None of these guarantee a victory, but they sure will improve their odds of a better record than 2022 where they lost many games by one score with worse WRs, O-line, TEs, D-line, LBers, DBs along with every other group of the Bears, be it player or coach.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
There was some podcast that talked about Mahomes and his air yards per TD. Four years ago, it was something like 17 yards per TD thrown, 3 years ago, it was something like 12 yards per TD, 2 years ago, it was something like 8 yards per TD and last year, it was down to 4 yards per TD.

Now I have to be honest and say that I have not watched every single TD of Mahomes and perhaps he had most of his TDs in his career with air yards per TD being almost equal to his yards per TD, meaning that he was throwing his TD passes for receptions at around the 5 yard line with the receiver then walking into the endzone, if not catching TDs in the endzone, but I really do not believe that is the case.

Mahomes decided that his receivers could make his life easier by letting them run after the catch on shorter and shorter routes, especially with his top receiver leaving for Miami.

Fields will make his own life easier by taking some of those layups and letting his playmakers make plays. The more he does that, the more yards he will get, the easier it will become (practice), the more spread out the defense will be, thus, the easier for the defense to breakdown on coverage every now and then, the easier the rushing game will be because of less defenders in the box, the easier Fields will be able to pickup a first down with his legs with zero defenders close enough to even touch him and, finally, the more time of possession the Bears will be able to eat up.

None of these guarantee a victory, but they sure will improve their odds of a better record than 2022 where they lost many games by one score with worse WRs, O-line, TEs, D-line, LBers, DBs along with every other group of the Bears, be it player or coach.
I think this speaks to his guys' ability to get open in space too. We're definitely much better equipped to get Yac now but you're right, Fields needs to be on time with his short throws to get it.

Canth

Liked Posts:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
That kinda jogs with my memory that when the trade first happened, it was thought to be for Fields. And then the narrative changed during the Pro day workouts to be Lance or Jones. I never did understand that, but I am happy that Fields is a Bear.
I remember watching that whole debacle that year and just not getting it. I had seen enough of Zack Wilson to just be confused. Fields had beaten golden boy in heads up competition going back to middle school, even being a higher rated recruit coming out of hs! I remember not wanting Trey Lance at our pick! And Mac Jones, I was like, he’s the best of what’s around, but he’ll never be a franchise QB. Instead, they all snorted the dumbass, and we got Justin Fields.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
This is called:

"John Lynch is in deep shit with his bosses in picking Lance over Justin, so he leaked this bullshit story to a friendly reporter in order to try and save his own ass..."

who are you quoting?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Damn if the 49ers don’t get to a SB and win Shanny will be on the hot seat

Shanny fucks up and doesn't draft Fields.

Getsy get's a head coach job after the Bears have a top 10 offense this year.

Shanny get's fired as HC.

Bears hire Shanny as Getsy's replacement.

Shanny and Justin become Super Friends and lead the Bears to a decade of offense excellence.

Velus sits on a rocking chair on his porch in the year 2028 watching yet another Bears SB appearance and tells his grand kids " I used to know that Justin fella"

Biff writes an article in 2035 (that no one reads) about how Justin was a failure since he only tied Jordan with 6 championships.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is called:

"John Lynch is in deep shit with his bosses in picking Lance over Justin, so he leaked this bullshit story to a friendly reporter in order to try and save his own ass..."

I dont think its a BS story, its been reported since day 1 that shanny loved lance.

This quote made me LOL tho:

The debate was settle on the flight back from Justin Fields Second Pro Day which they both agreed was extremely impressive. But on the way back from that workout, Shanahan was working on his iPad on plays for Lance. “He was drawing stuff up with Trey Lance in mind and we had just come from Justin Fields and we both agreed his workout was fantastic,” Lynch said. “That’s when I said, ‘Man, he’s really all in on this Lance. I’m not going to win him over.”