Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Canth

Liked Posts:
Bijan Robinson was listed #3 at RB on the Falcons list. Just sayin. He's from from ass.

A couple of key differences:

1. Bijan was a top 10 pick and is a rookie. As much as anything else, his placement as 3rd on the depth chart can be coaches playing games and making him "earn" his spot that everyone knows he basically has as the starter in waiting. There are 'only' 2 guys ahead of him. I don't follow the Falcons to know how many snaps he is really getting in practice which is the true barometer of where the coaches feel a player sits.

2. Vildor is entering his 4th year in the league and is listed in the "other" group which consists of 4 CB's. So, actually, the Bears do not even have him at 3rd string. They have him in the group below 3rd string. There are, at minimum, 6 CBs listed ahead of Vildor in that Bears depth chart. We don't even know how they view him with the group of "other" at this point. I honestly cannot remember hearing his name called, good or bad, in this training camp by any media or fan tweet. So, how many reps is he getting? Any? Vildor is going to have to play lights out in special teams to have any chance of making the roster this year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
A couple of key differences:

1. Bijan was a top 10 pick and is a rookie. As much as anything else, his placement as 3rd on the depth chart can be coaches playing games and making him "earn" his spot that everyone knows he basically has as the starter in waiting. There are 'only' 2 guys ahead of him. I don't follow the Falcons to know how many snaps he is really getting in practice which is the true barometer of where the coaches feel a player sits.

2. Vildor is entering his 4th year in the league and is listed in the "other" group which consists of 4 CB's. So, actually, the Bears do not even have him at 3rd string. They have him in the group below 3rd string. There are, at minimum, 6 CBs listed ahead of Vildor in that Bears depth chart. We don't even know how they view him with the group of "other" at this point. I honestly cannot remember hearing his name called, good or bad, in this training camp by any media or fan tweet. So, how many reps is he getting? Any? Vildor is going to have to play lights out in special teams to have any chance of making the roster this year.

Appreciate you writing all this but i think we all already knew all of this, at least i did. I've already said that i don't think Vildor makes the Bears 53 because of all the CB's that played well last year and the CB's we drafted in this draft who all have length, which Vildor doesn't have, and is something we all know Flus wants.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I’m surprised they didn’t lock up Ngakoue for two years. At 28, I think Poles should have spent the money to keep him off the market next year. Apparently, he’s been flashing like crazy already.
Pretty sure the Bears only wanted him for one year. There was a tweet about how he was looking for a multi year deal and that ultimately the Bears got what they want but paid a little more for it, hence the $10M

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Appreciate you writing all this but i think we all already knew all of this, at least i did. I've already said that i don't think Vildor makes the Bears 53 because of all the CB's that played well last year and the CB's we drafted in this draft who all have length, which Vildor doesn't have, and is something we all know Flus wants.
Then why the Bijan 3rd string comment? Pick a fucking lane.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
No one. literally no one expects him to.

It’s not even prime dumpster dive season. That doesn’t happen until the 19th when they get first pick of the NFL’s trash.

I don't know why but the 'first pick of the NFL's trash' comment made me laugh. Just imagining ROGER saying "with the 1st pick of the 2023 NFL Trash Draft, the Chicago Bears select...." is a visual I find funny to think about. I will definitely be stealing that line so thank you in advance.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think it’s means what ever the coaching staff want it to mean. I don’t think there’s a given rule for what teams do the 1st preseason game.

Apparently some teams turn up the defense (HOU-PAT) game.
Be careful, grabriel posts here and might dislike you!

One Team

Liked Posts:
It has been like 18 years since we’ve had what could be called a competent offensive line
yep, this is what has been a major source of frustration for fans...why couldn't anyone of these bozos just say fuck it, we cant get a quarterback so we are gonna build an OL full of inglorious basterds and smash people into the dirt...not one.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yep, this is what has been a major source of frustration for fans...why couldn't anyone of these bozos just say fuck it, we cant get a quarterback so we are gonna build an OL full of inglorious basterds and smash people into the dirt...not one.
Totes but also just this shit of drafting pre-injured picks in the first round only to move them to guard a year after they move off injured reserve almost every. Fucking. Time