Official 2023 Training Camp thread

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People are saying Leatherwood looked good too - if we can have quality depth at Guard it would really help solidify the entire offense because both Jenkins and Davis scare the hell outta me health wise.

It's also a good ass sign if they're developing OL into players.
If we can turn Leatherwood into something when the Raiders gave up on him that fast that bodes very well for the future.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
If we can turn Leatherwood into something when the Raiders gave up on him that fast that bodes very well for the future.

I mean McDaniels is a goofy fuck who lost the locker room quickly in Denver and from the jump wanted to trade Cutler for Matt Cassell and despite Jay being what he was for us, he was still millions of miles more talented than Cassell was. I don't trust McDaniels' judge of talent tbh. That team just ran David Carr outta town and got nothing for him - he's a incompetent fucker.

That being said, Leatherwood could still just be bad - I'm just intrigued by him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes maybe he can get some decent play this year and then sign a big free agent deal so Poles can get a comp pick for him!!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I've always thought the "he has no ties to said player because he didn't draft him" thing was some of the dumbest shit i've ever heard. If a player can play then you keep him whether you drafted him or not and if a player shows he can be something with some good coaching up and playing time then you also keep him whether you drafted him or not.
But when it comes time to decide between a player who can be something and a player who can be something AND was drafted by you, who are you going to pick?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But when it comes time to decide between a player who can be something and a player who can be something AND was drafted by you, who are you going to pick?
GM’s will make their decision with their ego(at least the bad ones will). Should base the decision on potential and production.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
GM’s will make their decision with their ego(at least the bad ones will). Should base the decision on potential and production.
You are right. The good GMs make sound decisions while bad GMs make decision influenced by attempts to make themselves look better than they really are.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes maybe he can get some decent play this year and then sign a big free agent deal so Poles can get a comp pick for him!!

Well as much as I'd love a comp pick he's under contract next year too for 2.6. And it's guaranteed money since he was a 1st round pick so unless he shits the bed and the Bears eat it he's here for a bit.