Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Yep. Media coverage out of training camp is just as dog shit as ever.
A lot of reports say Fields had a great day other than the 2 INT’s. One INT was tipped - we can say that was on Fields. But the second one when he gets hit - that should never happen in these scrimmages. That INT was totally not his fault.

That said, there were other reporters saying he had an average or up and down day. I call bullsh*t on that. It’s hard to go a perfect 7 for 7 or 6 for 6 or whatever it was, plus hit on a number of deep chunk plays including a bomb, and have your day labeled as “below average”. I chalk that up to bullsh*t reporting — reporters with an agenda and/or reporters who simply don’t know football.

He wasn’t perfect. But most “objective” reports say he was (at a minimum) very good — including CHGO if you watch further into their show. Nobody has to fluff it up more than it has to be… but at least be accurate. Some of these reporters are complete dog sh*t.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Frankly, it's been a couple of weeks since I've heard anybody say "Fields looked good today." Ever since like day 3 or so of training camp, the defense has been getting the better of the offense the majority of the time. At best, the days have been mixed, but never the offense dominating, and that's with a defense who's been missing multiple key players for an extended period of time.
This is false

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reports out of Indy saying Fields was frustrated with Getsy's playcalls, and wishes Eberflus had the stones to call more screens. Heated locker room it seems post practice. Rumor has it Fields is benched for day two of joint practices this week.

BRING ON SEPTEMBER 10TH ALREADY!

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
A lot of reports say Fields had a great day other than the 2 INT’s. One INT was tipped - we can say that was on Fields. But the second one when he gets hit - that should never happen in these scrimmages. That INT was totally not his fault.

That said, there were other reporters saying he had an average or up and down day. I call bullsh*t on that. It’s hard to go a perfect 7 for 7 or 6 for 6 or whatever it was, plus hit on a number of deep chunk plays including a bomb, and have your day labeled as “below average”. I chalk that up to bullsh*t reporting — reporters with an agenda and/or reporters who simply don’t know football.

He wasn’t perfect. But most “objective” reports say he was (at a minimum) very good — including CHGO if you watch further into their show. Nobody has to fluff it up more than it has to be… but at least be accurate. Some of these reporters are complete dog sh*t.
and no QB is going to be perfect. And if QB is perfect for one day, the next day he will mess up at least once. It’s just how it goes.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
and no QB is going to be perfect. And if QB is perfect for one day, the next day he will mess up at least once. It’s just how it goes.

I need to see a tweet from TwitterTardbot26 before I can confirm this post is accurate bit on the surface I agree.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That dude has been freaking out since Fields 2nd camp INT.

Just let us know you're out homie. Take a stance.
Makes it worse is he is blatantly ignoring positive news about fields which is like 90% of the news

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Still waiting for the report of Poles making a back door deal with Ballard and Deforest walks onto the field in orange & blue.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yep. Media coverage out of training camp is just as dog shit as ever.

I see you mention CHGO earlier, I haven't seen too many shining reports from them since camp started.

The issue with camp and these practices, is most of these guys are journalists. Their football iq is minimal, but they actually went to school unlike Daniel.

GoBears

Liked Posts:

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the tipped pass turned INT, tipped by Kmet, his own receiver? Sorry, if the ball hits you in the hands, you should be catching it. I wouldn't be so fast to blame that on the QB.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This guy is obviously not Daniel CCS Bears.

Here’s some sideline video:

Last edited:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the tipped pass turned INT, tipped by Kmet, his own receiver? Sorry, if the ball hits you in the hands, you should be catching it. I wouldn't be so fast to blame that on the QB.
Well, sometimes they elevate to try and make a play on the ball that is too high, and it will look like it is on the receiver. The report that it was *slightly* too high for Kmet makes it sound like this is not the case, but yeah, we can't be fast to judge interceptions until the games start to count.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That gordon hit in preseason was nasty. I thought it was brisker at first. Plenty of wideouts would have fumbled from a shot like that.
Same. The hit definitely looked like something Brisker would do. Took me a good few seconds to realize "oh shit, that was Gordon!".

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
yeah he's referring to all the nonsense about negative air yards on 3 passes in a preseason game, 2 of which went for TDs
The jackholes on Facebook are being insane about it. The Fields haters are trying to be loudest people out there for sure.