Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t care how much celebrities are paid. I’m merely laughing at the stupid people who think RBs are screwed with their salaries. No, they just aren’t coddled as much as QBs are.
It's not that QB's are coddled, it more what the market dictates your worth. Doesn't matter how hard you work, how much risk your job entails. You are worth what someone is will to pay you. Ron Jeremy is far from the epitome of a physical specimen but people were willing to pay to watch him so now he is probably worth 5 to 10 million. The bell-cow RB is no longer needed in the NFL mostly because of rule changes for the sake of safety. The NFL used to make yearly rule changes to try and prevent a competitive advantage to either the offense or defense. For the most part the NFL did a good job for decades. Up and until the last 5 to 10 years, total points per games varied vary little. It wasn't until the rule changes were passed to protect players that the offense gain a significant advantage over the defense. These changes made it much easier to pass the ball which in turn raised the value of the QB and receivers. Outside of a couple RB's that can do more than run the ball at a high level, the rest of the RB's are easily replaceable which devalues your worth. I'm not blaming the retired NFL players that filed a lawsuit against the NFL for concussions and head injuries and their lackadaisical approach to preventing them. These players had every right to file the lawsuit. But, the NFL had to change the game to protect them from future lawsuits. There really is no collusion against the RB's, it's just a product of circumstance.

One thing I would like to see the NFL do is change some rules to help the defense that won't affect the safety of the game. The biggest rule change they can make is allowing the DB's and LB's more contact with the receivers inside of 5 yards from the LOS or possibly even 10 yards. This would not increase potential head injuries and would disrupt the passing game to some extent.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
Jealousy? Really? Am I complaining about millions not being enough because everyone else in the nfl makes more? Sounds like you’re taking this criticism of someone else personal. Do you have a thing for NFL RBs or something?

BTW, I’m happily married and get it whenever I want it.
Or at least whenever she/he wants. :)