Official 2023 Training Camp thread

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really struggle to imagine small changes that would help get the young RBs more money during their most productive years.

Maybe more performance based pay bonuses? There's something like that already but maybe increasing the amount on a per play basis to help the guys getting used and abused.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Maybe more performance based pay bonuses? There's something like that already but maybe increasing the amount on a per play basis to help the guys getting used and abused.

I'd steal the contract escalator idea from the NBA but slightly modify it. They could do this idea for everyone or only running backs. So if they make the pro bowl, their contract gets boosted up by a set percentage for the remainder of their contract. If they make the all pro team, their contract likewise increases up a set percentage for the remainder of their contract. If they hit both, it goes up by even larger set amount for the remainder of their deal. Any increases would also increase their total money on a possible franchise tag.

Other idea would be to let running backs renegotiate their deals years earlier by winning awards or being named all pro etc. I think the easier option though is the contract escalator.