Official 2023 Training Camp thread

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The only people who would vote against it are trolls. Brett was universally hated on Bear Report too. He's on like his 5th username because he cant help but be a cunt who gets everything wrong and needs a fresh start to do it all over again.

I hate these types of people but sadly this is the majority of good content on this message board, especially when the team isn’t too good.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Besides just tearing up the thread and shit like the kids in my house..

I'd say, let @bears26 and @Dejo cook like Pinkman & White.

@DanielCCSBears , you out there bad.

Everyone else cool out, I'm excepting Gervon news, I want more from #trenches. thread is so fucked up I don't even know when the fuck padded practice is.
Yeah i think line news is pointless rn imo without pads on. I’m excited to see where Pickens, Dexter, and Wright are. I think Lewis has been doing well against Wright. But that’s an OLB type edge against a OT that is adjusting to a slimmer weight. That could all change when pads come on.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Get rid of the rookie salary cap
That's not a small change and we will return to the days of unproven first-round picks of all positions getting better contracts than proven veterans, which creates down stream issues for veteran players of all positions. I don't think that's hyperbolic but I'm willing to hear other opinions.

I'm not saying I oppose new ideas. I'm for the players getting whatever money they can. I think that a better way to express my thoughts here is that it may be time to reimagine the salary cap from top-to-bottom

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lots of fluff now too. Beyond that, the ability was never the question, it's the long term risk, both off the field and that he'll decide to just loaf a bit.

Very much this. Every teams TC reports are sky high at this point. I've heard only positive about every team, even Fat Mac Jones.

Packers/Jordan Love is the only heavily negative report I've seen thus far coming out of camps. You LOVE to see it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Very much this. Every teams TC reports are sky high at this point. I've heard only positive about every team, even Fat Mac Jones.

Packers/Jordan Love is the only heavily negative report I've seen thus far coming out of camps. You LOVE to see it.
Team may seriously be playing for their next QB and trying to fail.?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's not a small change and we will return to the days of unproven first-round picks of all positions getting better contracts than proven veterans, which creates down stream issues for veteran players of all positions. I don't think that's hyperbolic but I'm willing to hear other opinions.

I'm not saying I oppose new ideas. I'm for the players getting whatever money they can. I think that a better way to express my thoughts here is that it may be time to reimagine the salary cap from top-to-bottom
Oh I agree with most of that. However veterans are getting screwed over with this system because teams would rather bring in cheap talent on rookie contracts. They use that to strip their bargaining power.

but yeah the whole system needs to be redone. And it’s ridiculous the cba stays in effect so long. Roschon Johnson just entered the league and can’t vote on the cba until a few years after his rookie contract.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There’s a difference between Daniel making up lies to deflect from his shitty opinions and you admitting to disgusting acts that would have you executed in front your townsmen in a proper world.
Okay Jason Aldean.

You made up a lie about someone raping someone. That's as low as it gets and shows what kind of person you are. I'm under your thin skin so much that you have to make up a disgusting lie like that to think you're getting back at me. That's some sad ass shit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you could take one of the two out of Fields and Lawrence with everything you know and have seen so far from them which one would you take?

I hate to say it but i'm taking Lawrence as of now but that answer could change halfway through this season.
If I had to pick today, it would be Fields. The ceiling is so fucking high. Will it work out, maybe, but I'd be willing to roll the dice.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Oh I agree with most of that. However veterans are getting screwed over with this system because teams would rather bring in cheap talent on rookie contracts. They use that to strip their bargaining power.

but yeah the whole system needs to be redone. And it’s ridiculous the cba stays in effect so long. Roschon Johnson just entered the league and can’t vote on the cba until a few years after his rookie contract.
What I don't like is splitting the players up into different pools of talent. Pitting rookie contracts v veteran contracts does nothing to solve the problem of RBs losing their value after their rookie contract.

It is far easier, and I think more productive, to start over and reimagine how to pay players equitably without dividing the people who we pay to watch.