Official 2023 Training Camp thread

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Also, I'd probably take Lawrence right now, but if Fields even develops into a mid tier passer in the NFL(he should) his upside is way higher.

Daniel/Biff is dumb as shit. Every bears fan I know is super amped for this season because of fields alone. He has the potential to be a player at the position the NFL has never seen, 4.4 speed with actual accuracy.
Take a front row seat and watch it happen.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That's fair. I could see an argument either way.

Kinda the point of an argument.

Biff just comes on here and acts like he's gracing us with his football knowledge, and anything that isn't his opinion is complete trash.

Meanwhile he looks like the stay puft marshmallow man from ghost busters.

I can pass for 500 yards in madden on the highest setting. Clearly that makes me know my footballs more than the actual football players. Right Biff?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh I agree with most of that. However veterans are getting screwed over with this system because teams would rather bring in cheap talent on rookie contracts. They use that to strip their bargaining power.

but yeah the whole system needs to be redone. And it’s ridiculous the cba stays in effect so long. Roschon Johnson just entered the league and can’t vote on the cba until a few years after his rookie contract.

They should cut down the length of the rookie contracts. Idk if that would work just throwing it out there

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Starting at 2:30, this guy claims he was told by a former Bears position coach from Fields' rookie year that he would show up to meetings 1 minute before they started while slumping his shoulders and pouting...

Who could this be? Fields does give off that kind of low energy, annoyed vibe sometimes in his press conferences. This is the first I've heard of any work ethic concerns around this guy since before the draft when Orlovsky said he was a last guy in, first guy out QB.
Boy, if Colin said it, it must be true - not!! Cowherd is just after drama and ratings by being controversial.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should cut down the length of the rookie contracts. Idk if that would work just throwing it out there
They'd have to do it solely for RBs though or it would still get thrown out of whack.

It's the RBs who are excellent receivers that get past this all so maybe they need to focus more on that aspect of their game. It's why Deebo was so adamant about being a WR rather than a RB. He knows where the real money is.

I think Bijan has the idea.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
You must have been vaccinated against humor, only way anyone could be this awful at it.
Every time I see that slide into the end zone after the SF game, it reminds me of all the mud and the blood pick up games we had as kids. I know everybody yaks on about the turf at Soldiers Field, but football is about playing in the elements. The joy of life and joy for the game that JF1 showed sliding into the ooze with his linemen is special...we also played our own New Years Day game each January first, we would have our snow bowl game. The most snow we played in was about 20", we laughed so hard playing in the snow...

msadows

Liked Posts:
They'd have to do it solely for RBs though or it would still get thrown out of whack.

It's the RBs who are excellent receivers that get past this all so maybe they need to focus more on that aspect of their game. It's why Deebo was so adamant about being a WR rather than a RB. He knows where the real money is.

Imagine passing on this guy to draft some random pass catching rb.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

That DB has to learn to watch the hips, the hips don't lie...

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I can see that working. Specifically cut down the RB rookie contract length or dont allow teams to tag RBs

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Sounds like things are going as expected for Jordan Love, isn't that right @Loveitout:

"According to Matt Schniedman with The Athletic, the overall offensive performance was so bad
that head coach Matt LaFleur had the offense doing push-ups after practice."
Come on now give Love some affection or that GB troll will be going crazy on here.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Come on now give Love some affection or that GB troll will be going crazy on here.

He wont be doing anything, because he has a ban bet with me regarding Jordan Love outperforming Justin Fields.

He will be crying on his AE, probably.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine passing on this guy to draft some random pass catching rb.
I wouldn't but that was no random pass catching RB. That was a generational talent type pass catching RB, who was clearly drafted for his receiving prowess, they traded down to draft.