Official 2023 Training Camp thread

msadows

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't but that was no random pass catching RB. That was a generational talent type pass catching RB, who was clearly drafted for his receiving prowess, they traded down to draft.

Point still stands. Gibbs could become Alvin Kamara, but they just passed on a RB who is elite in every aspect of the game, instead of just one.

Guess there is a reason they have been rebuilding for 70 years almost.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The first paragraph is just BS. They are now getting paid more than 12-15 dollars an hour to play. Especially if they make the nfl. And it may be high risk, but it’s his job. He can go get another one. Plenty of people have jobs that are a lot harder on their bodies and they get paid a fraction of the lowest paid player in the nfl. I really don’t care if RBs can only get a few million a year. It’s enough to live the rest of their lives on in a short period of time. I don’t care if that could be 10s of millions. If a team wants to pay a RB a lot of money, odds are they will suck for neglecting another position on the team. That’s the business. You can complain all you want, but it doesn’t change anything.

And you’re right. It’s a distraction that I entertain. It’s never provided me anything good in life. It doesn’t matter on Monday whether the Bears won or lost the day before. It’s just something to follow. I’d probably be better off having a family day or working on something around the house on Sundays, but I waste my time watching young men play a child’s game instead.
I think it is all about a limited number of people that have a particular skill set that folks will pay to go see. No one is going to pay to see a CEO sit in his office or attend a meeting. Not saying it's right or wrong it just is.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I get the hype and am excited about Fields but I have to see it. As Bears fans, we have been burned by poor QB play over and over again. I will never forget the hype around Cutler in 2009 and how that crumbled after a couple games. I am just not going to get my hopes up before I see sustained offensive success.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Been hearing his name alot so far

What if he turns out be a solid player at edge?
What do you mean? If he turns out to be solid, we are moving toward being set and would show the FO knows what it's doing.
Throw in D Walker and we are on the way.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I'm looking forward to getting @pdxbearsfan opinion on every post made in this thread over the last 3 days
Glad you're enjoying it. I have been away and go thru the thread to not miss something interesting and if I
have a comment I make it. If that's a problem for you either skip it or stick it.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Boy, if Colin said it, it must be true - not!! Cowherd is just after drama and ratings by being controversial.
Cowherd wasn't in the video. The graphic is misleading. His co-host, who has been very pro-Justin Fields since last season, was the one who brought it up. That's the only reason I didn't just dismiss it right out of the gate.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

You have to appreciate this kind of self-awareness from Jaylon Johnson. Turnovers are the only thing holding him back from a big pay day, but that isn't a good enough reason not to extend him at all. He's a very good corner who apparently also seems to be a great teammate as well. Bears need to get this deal done.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Turnovers are the only thing holding him back from a big pay day, but that isn't a good enough reason not to extend him at all.
It depends on what he would take. If he's holding out to be paid like a top 15 corner then you'd be stupid to extend him. Chances are he's angling for a much bigger deal than Poles would be willing to give him at this point.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If I had a great sense of humor and was then vaccinated against humor, I'd still have that great sense of humor.
So you are saying you never had a sense of humor...that tracks.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I get the hype and am excited about Fields but I have to see it. As Bears fans, we have been burned by poor QB play over and over again. I will never forget the hype around Cutler in 2009 and how that crumbled after a couple games. I am just not going to get my hopes up before I see sustained offensive success.

well jay never did anything except in HS. He's never been a winner nor a leader. So I never understood....the hype around Cutler in 2009. At least JF has a pedigree of winning and leadership

Last edited:

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Anyone can be great throwing to a really good receiver. The question is, can the QB be great throwing to terrible receivers?

We saw last year that no, Fields can't be a great passer with terrible receivers, therefore he's a bust and getting a great receiver means nothing.

#facts
@flabear I'm just joking with this, just so you know. :bearstroll:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
As someone that used to be a hardcore Texans fan (before they pivoted to becoming a religious org instead of a professional football team), yes, every team's board is like this. Few differences here and there but surprisingly close. The Texans board had several long time posters that would bicker in every single thread too.
Were the main culprits called something like SetentaDB, ElRemy, ArcoIrisNegro (better known as ElImbécil) or DanielMejorParecerUnIdiotaQueAdmitirLaDerrota?

For those that don't know Spanish, learn.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If I had to pick today, it would be Fields. The ceiling is so fucking high. Will it work out, maybe, but I'd be willing to roll the dice.
Definitely a high ceiling for Fields but i'll go with the guy that's already shown he can win with his arm and while nothing close to Fields with his running/athleticism he can still run pretty well when he needs to. I'm not going off of what i hope Fields will be become and only off of what i've seen so far from both.