Official 2023 Training Camp thread

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Post Josh Allen's for comparison. And I said Fields was an NFL ready QB, not that he was an NFL ready passer. Almost every rookie QB needs work. The point is Josh Allen needed a lot more, but you know that.

I see your point but with the Allen comparison but fields was always pegged as a project or closer to allen than he was an NFL ready QB.

There maybe have been 1 or two guys in the media saying that but I don’t recall any.

Mac jones was an NFL ready QB.

Bryce young was NFL ready.

Fields has the tools but it was questioned if he could process at an nfl level aka not nfl ready.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As I recall, the issues surrounding Justin Fields that caused his fall in the draft were:

1). Work ethic - Orlovsky trashed him citing rumors that "He's a last-guy-in, first-guy-out type of quarterback"
As far as I can recall, this was the big one. All that stuff came out right before the draft, and this idea that TLaw/Fields were 1a/1b started to really shift to where FIelds ended up going as the 4th QB taken instead of the 2nd, which is where EVERYONE had him going for the longest time. Thank fuck for Orlovsky. Lol.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
@Kyle Brandt (I know you peruse this board you fellow Bears homer you), y'all should try and get Lovie Smith on as a guest host on the Good Morning Football.
Because Lovie is such a compelling speaker.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"Has Fields made a big jump forward with his timing and rhythm? "

"I don't know that I'd say that."

"There's still room to grow"

"I think that's a work in progress"

- Brad Biggs this morning on the radio

Mentioned a lot of checks downs to RB's on 7 on 7 and that those guys probably aren't the primary read. Also mentioned Fields obviously isn't using his legs at this point in camp.

(Those quotes were taken from a longer conversation but Brad doesn't seem to be super positive right now. No overly negative... but definitely not drinking the kool aid like many reporters)

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Mentioned a lot of checks downs to RB's on 7 on 7 and that those guys probably aren't the primary read. Also mentioned Fields obviously isn't using his legs at this point in camp.

(Those quotes were taken from a longer conversation but Brad doesn't seem to be super positive right now. No overly negative... but definitely not drinking the kool aid like many reporters)
Glad to know we can rest easy knowing that Justin has in fact taken that big jump forward with timing and rhythm.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's consider this Starling Thomas as a target to find for a PS spot.
Heck, they signed CJ Gardner Johnson who's known for agitating Bears receivers, so turnabout is fair play.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

From the sounds of everyone who has been to camp, it sounds like he has taken a step forward but he's not there yet.

Progress.