Official 2023 Training Camp thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Almost like he shouldn't have been drafted that high, given the body of work coming into the NFL.

Some scouts / GMs have their heads so far up their asses and they want to "outsmart" everyone else, that they end up making poor evaluations and decisions based on raw traits.

I'm not complaining. Thank the football gods we were able to land Fields.

Yea no way he should have been drafted that high. Same issue I had with Trubs and his one year starting but even more pronounced with Lance.

Why would anyone want him at that point?

Niners should trade him now if they dont want to give him an honest shot to start.

They are just hurting his value....and honestly just fucking the kid over. HE didnt even get a chance to fail.

He costs more to trade ie 13m than his current cap hit of 9m.

Why are we talking Trey Lance in the training camp thread again?

I mean other than the obvious answer: @remydat

I didnt bring up Lance. Responded to whoever did and here we are.

I think Lance got a raw deal tbh. We don’t know anything about him because of his injury and the 9ers have mismanaged him greatly

Agreed.

Damn dude you proved your point! Looks like trey lance isn’t a bust after all. He’s the next big thing.

Try to follow along. The poster said he hasnt had any wow throws so I pointed out his wow throws from today.

Last edited:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
How many passing, scrambling touchdowns and interceptions has Fields thrown in these 4 days? Anyone have the math? Off of Twitter reports obviously. Just curious.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How many passing, scrambling touchdowns and interceptions has Fields thrown in these 4 days? Anyone have the math? Off of Twitter reports obviously. Just curious.
Lots of completed passes to DJ, and a handful of others. I think maybe just 2-3 picks based on what I've read. Looking forward to the pads coming on this week.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Don't pooh pooh the 240 yards per game stat. Did you know that there were only 12 QBs in 2022 with an average of 240 Y/G or higher, with Mahomes on top at an average of 308.8?

Getting to 4000 yards in a year is no walk in the park either. If Fields were to get "only 4000 yards", he would be, if all other passers kept their 2022 numbers, a top 10 QB in yards, not just top 13 in Y/G, landing at 10.

So Fields took up the challenge, like a true warrior for those Spartan fans, of not only improving as a passer, but improving enough to be a Top 10 to Top 15 passer.

Seeing that he was ranked at 27 in yards in 2022, he was bold enough to halve those numbers and end up in the top half of the NFL QBs.

Takes some balls.
Great post and discernment....for a player to add 91 yds to his APG is a leap! And in JF's case that would be a 61% increase in Tot. Yds! PG! That's a serious leap forward. Which should, for all pratical purposes, add a TD more per game. How many games did da Bears lose last season by 6 points or less? I don't remember, but I bet it was more than 1. Justin 240 Pass Yds PG! "I'm lovin' it!

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
We are optimistic that the QB we have can make a difference and improve through hard work. Nothing about a player's progress is bound to happen but we can enjoy the ride while we find out.

This idea of a player's ceiling is another item that I take issue with. It feels like nonsense that we give life to by all agreeing that it exists. What is their "ceiling" and how close do they have to be to it to be a successful QB? Does any QB reach their ceiling? Did Mahomes hit his yet? Can someone top their ceiling? If he doesnt reach his ceiling, can he still win a superbowl? If one person in 2018 said that Allen's ceiling was to become Tim Tebow II, and another person said that Allen's ceiling was to be a QB that consistently takes his team to the playoffs and win games, who was right after the 2019 season?

These are all rhetorical of course, I am not expecting answers, just explaining why I dont think this concept of a ceiling is anything more than a meaningless phrase that gets batted around when we compare draft prospects.
I guess if someone rose above their ceiling....they would be called a "roof-topper" ..........lol.........corny joke...I know............but I was compelled to say it......or maybe I "coined a new phrase"........maybe not.....

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Lots of completed passes to DJ, and a handful of others. I think maybe just 2-3 picks based on what I've read. Looking forward to the pads coming on this week.
Yeah, maybe one on Thursday, one on Saturday for sure. Should be noted that that the 'pick 6' he threw Saturday was a bobble by the WR first.

I know Thursday there was a lot of WR drops.

Sounds like Fields has been on the money for the most part, but like last year, his surrounding cast is not always helpful.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
On top of not being a “quarterback guru,” Will is pretty much a moron.

Good lord, imagine tweeting and not knowing the difference between Fields and PJ.
He's a MMA fighter so chances are he has CTE. Most of them are morons. Just texted my buddy whos friends with him to see if he's r3tarded. Will report back with answer.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He’s going to lose a match up eventually. Just like Jenkins and Wright. And yes, they will be thrown to the ground

Let me get to the point of why I think you are making excuses.

What amazing pass rusher is Braxton going up against?

If the talent of the Bears pass rushing was at a playoff level, I wouldn't care.

But they don't have an edge pass rusher across from him that anyone would have seriously care about.

It's not improper for me to be this concerned this early.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yep.

Josh Allen needed 911 more yards from year 2 to year 3 to get 4k. He blew past it to 4,544 yards. A total improvement of 1,459.

Fields needs an improvement of 1,758 to hit 4k. That's probably why it's not going to happen.
Ok, I can understand how posting that fields will need to improve by X number of yards or X percent of his previous total in order to reach four thousand would be a reasonable comment.

But WTF does Josh Allen have to do with that?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let me get to the point of why I think you are making excuses.

What amazing pass rusher is Braxton going up against?

If the talent of the Bears pass rushing was at a playoff level, I wouldn't care.

But they don't have an edge pass rusher across from him that anyone would have seriously care about.

It's not improper for me to be this concerned this early.

It was one rep against a guy that had 7 sacks last year and is strong enough to play inside at DT. Walker is stronger than most Edge players Jones will face.