Official 2023 Training Camp thread

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You're better than this. Brad Biggs and LaCanfora are nothing alike.

It's amazing (and weird) how fast some of you discredit anyone who says something not 100% glowing about Fields.
Oh I don’t care about eithers opinions because I’m not a fan of both. I don’t like all the glowing reviews of fields because it seems artificial

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You should really avoid talking journalism. Your over the top sensationalism is nonsense but you still spout it every season
Hey guys, dont listen to the most well respected guy on the Beat who has been in the building for decades. Listen to the *checks notes* random guy in NY who has never stepped foot into Halas Hall who claimed to no longer have a source inside the org, while also still reporting to have inside info on everything Chicago Bears and also now sources around the league.

I wish this fanbase wasn't so fucking dumb making this scam artist a fixture of reputable Bears twitter.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Fields has thrown a pick 3 straight days of camp, if I'm not mistaken now.... Something to watch.

I said it before, but I will state it more clearly now:

I think now that Fields has weapons, you are going to see him playing QB like an early Peyton Manning. Lots of down the field throws, high YAC offense with a lot of deep shots, and I think what we end up with at the end of the year is a lot of yards and TDs, but also a higher than normal INT rate. Basically give early Manning legs like Michael Vick and I think with the added weapons Fields has now, that's what you will get.

Might seem like high praise, but it took Manning a few years to really hone his craft, and it was those INTs that usually ultimately led to Brady getting the better of him in their playoff matchups early in their careers.

I'll still take it - its a hell of a place to start from. Even if I end up being right here, there's no guarantee he ends up where Manning did, as Manning eventually fixed that part of his game.

The great irony is even if I am right about Fields being like if early Manning and Michael Vick had a baby, and that was as good as Fields ever got, even that would still be the distance of entire countries better than the best the Bears ever had in the QB spot prior, so I am excited.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hoge got his ass chewed on social media back in OTA's for saying something negative about Fields. Let's just face it.... there's a large segment of the fanbase that are incapable of hearing anything remotely negative.
TBF you kind of act that way when Poles gets criticized.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I think now that Fields has weapons, you are going to see him playing QB like an early Peyton Manning. Lots of down the field throws, high YAC offense with a lot of deep shots, and I think what we end up with at the end of the year is a lot of yards and TDs, but also a higher than normal INT rate. Basically give early Manning legs like Michael Vick and I think with the added weapons Fields has now, that's what you will get.

Might seem like high praise, but it took Manning a few years to really hone his craft, and it was those INTs that usually ultimately led to Brady getting the better of him in their playoff matchups early in their careers.

I'll still take it - its a hell of a place to start from. Even if I end up being right here, there's no guarantee he ends up where Manning did, as Manning eventually fixed that part of his game.

The great irony is even if I am right about Fields being like if early Manning and Michael Vick had a baby, and that was as good as Fields ever got, even that would still be the distance of entire countries better than the best the Bears ever had in the QB spot prior, so I am excited.
BRB gonna find your pre-draft take on Fields where you said he would be a franchise killer. All while not actually watching Fields.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

This is one of the least intelligible football posts I've ever seen.

"Fields is a combo of a top 5 passer ever and a top 5 runner ever at qb!"

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've just felt the Poles criticism was premature. After all the resources he had this offseason though if they shit the bed it's 100% fair game.
I mean he had a young QB that was in desperate need of help and development and surrounded him with nothing when he definitely had more resources than nothing.

Bears fans need to stop pretending like there was no way of him doing anything. He had resources to help his QB immediately but opted not to and it got Fields killed. For all we know it could have changed the course of his career. The guys who started a lot of games for the Bears at WR last year are now in proper places at like WR6.

But i guess it all depends on the two groups. Those who believed in Fields the prospect and those who dont. Personally i thought helping the QB was a greater priority than value and culture over everything. But whatever, its the past. Make or break.