Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with the premise of MJY's position if not the tone. The Bears suffered, particularly early in the year, with Braxton Jones. Did he improve as the year went on? I would say somewhat. But I'm not assuming anything about his improvement until I've seen him under fire, and there's certainly enough history there to have cause for caution.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I agree with the premise of MJY's position if not the tone. The Bears suffered, particularly early in the year, with Braxton Jones. Did he improve as the year went on? I would say somewhat. But I'm not assuming anything about his improvement until I've seen him under fire, and there's certainly enough history there to have cause for caution.
I agree Braxton has a lot of work to do and I think they'll likely be targeting a LT next year. Mjy just makes stupid statements like not understanding why pads would help him, then gets all puffy chested about Braxton Jones as if that's what people were arguing. He could simply accept he made a mistake and take a learning moment but he never has.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I would enjoy seeing him play above his draft status as a 3T. Maybe he comes in day one as a classic 4-3 nose and utilize all of his raw strength while he gets there. Either way, I am excited to see what his hard work and talent can produce on the field!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am on record that giving up on a 23 year old QB in TC before the pads are even on when he has 500 throws over 7 years is premature.

Why is there a QB in training camp that has to include high school to get to 500 total throws?

I mean, I'm with you. At this point they are obligated to find out if he has anything. But holy shit, what a blunder that draft was.