Official Blackhawks 2024 Offseason Thread-Bedard owns Chicago

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This is a very good draft at the top and Hawks might package some picks to move up with the TB pick.
Yeah I am very curious about what they do with 20. I'm a little worried they'll ruin another Russian if they take him at two but he's a top talent.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks can also win next year since they didn't move up today.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I would not be disappointed if they drafted Levshunov at #2. Seems a safe pick and a potential top pairing D for the next decade plus.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What we need is @KBIB to fill us in on these young players. I don't know jackshit about these kids other than what I've seen on YouTube.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah I am very curious about what they do with 20. I'm a little worried they'll ruin another Russian if they take him at two but he's a top talent.

I just doubt they hang onto all 3 2nd round picks. Going to be some good players available via trade due to cap constraints or he could simply move up.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Hawks can also win next year since they didn't move up today.
Blackhawks also have Toronto's 1st Rd pick next year. I have nothing against Toronto, BUT I hope they break it up this off season as rumored and they start a rebuild. :benny:

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I would not be disappointed if they drafted Levshunov at #2. Seems a safe pick and a potential top pairing D for the next decade plus.
I prefer a F this draft, but I'm a Defense guy in sports and a team can't go wrong drafting a potential great D-man.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I just doubt they hang onto all 3 2nd round picks. Going to be some good players available via trade due to cap constraints or he could simply move up.
Not 100% sure, but I think the Blackhawks have 4 number 2s....

Edit: I'm wrong.....3 not 4.....

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I prefer stockpiling draftees and picks over players. Gives you more flexibility down the road contract wise and also retain their potential better. You trade for a player and he bombs it's much tougher to move. Need the flexibility with a young team to be more adaptable.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From what I've read about Demidov, he seems like the kind of forward that fits. Problem is, he's tied to Russia for another year and there's been no confirmation that he would even want to come here in 2025. Not sure I would want to gamble this high of a pick with this issue hanging. Extends him yet another year before he plays in Chicago even if he is willing to make the move.

I think, I'll pass.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Pass on Demidov. First, he’s only played in MHL which is equivalent to ECHL in US. Second, no one knows when he would be released from KHL contract. Kaprizov came over 6 years after being drafted by Minnesota for example. Hawks are still waiting on Maxim Shalunov. Take the Spartan defender as the safe pick. You can’t miss on a # 2 pick. Take more risk with Tampa’s pick and the half dozen other picks the Hawks have through the 3rd round.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
From what I've read about Demidov, he seems like the kind of forward that fits. Problem is, he's tied to Russia for another year and there's been no confirmation that he would even want to come here in 2025. Not sure I would want to gamble this high of a pick with this issue hanging. Extends him yet another year before he plays in Chicago even if he is willing to make the move.

I think, I'll pass.
Good analysis.... definitely something to consider...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Agreed on the gamble. Am I making up or misremembering russian prospects or players that had gotten away to come to the US only to have their families threatened in Russia?

On a side note then... how low of a pick would you make the risk, if he's still there at 20, do you take a stab? Would you trade up to 15... 10?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I might roll the dice at 20....depending on who is still there and if they can come to some sort of agreement. They just can't miss at #2. Too much losing invested to get that pick.