Official Blackhawks 2024 Offseason Thread-Bedard owns Chicago

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks also have Toronto's 1st Rd pick next year. I have nothing against Toronto, BUT I hope they break it up this off season as rumored and they start a rebuild. :benny:
Reportedly, they are not interested in rebuilding from what I have read.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They make a first round exit every year, but think they're contenders as long as they make the playoffs.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I was just wishful thinking..........besides....the Toronto pick is Top - 10 protected in '25, but if transferred to '26, no protection.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Toronto's problem is the same every year. They are built for the regular season....a flamboyant offense is fun for 82 games but the game is played differently come playoff time. A well put together team can play both ways. A rebuild should be in order fairly soon for them.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Let's hope for Toronto to get pick #10 in the '25 draft and then 'nose-dive' in the '25-'26 season.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toronto's problem is the same every year. They are built for the regular season....a flamboyant offense is fun for 82 games but the game is played differently come playoff time. A well put together team can play both ways. A rebuild should be in order fairly soon for them.
I'm surprised they didn't waltz to the Cup with Ryan Reeves on the roster.

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
Pass on Demidov. First, he’s only played in MHL which is equivalent to ECHL in US. Second, no one knows when he would be released from KHL contract. Kaprizov came over 6 years after being drafted by Minnesota for example. Hawks are still waiting on Maxim Shalunov. Take the Spartan defender as the safe pick. You can’t miss on a # 2 pick. Take more risk with Tampa’s pick and the half dozen other picks the Hawks have through the 3rd round.
From what I've read he was stuck in the MHL as punishment for refusing to sign an extension. If he signed a multi-year deal then he would have moved up to the KHL. And he will still be under contract next season but the year after he will be available. And Oliver Moore may be coming up then too! I can only imagine them and Bedard and Nazar all on the team at the same time. 🤑

But these are speculations I've read online so I'm not setting any of that in stone, though?

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
After doing limited research so far....and as some have correctly stated that "you must get a hit with the 2nd pick" ...my thinking is either the Mich. St. D-man or the Center Lindstrom. Centers are way more valuable than Wingers, If the Russian winger is having trouble in Russia, what makes one think he won't cause some trouble here? This 2nd pick MUST BE on the money!!!

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I don't hate the idea of possibly trading down a couple for the right deal. I don't feel a clear cut 2 is there.
Agree with you....but it must be the right deal to Davidson, obviously, ....however he sees it......however, I prefer moving up from 20, if Davidson feels the right playah is there.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't hate the idea of possibly trading down a couple for the right deal. I don't feel a clear cut 2 is there.
If there is a move available that actually betters the team, yes.

It takes two to tango, though. So the whole "KD should trade the pick" has to be tempered with the fact that there might not be a viable offer; like any team willing to trade the pick wants, say, Korch coming back. Hard pass on that; keep the 2nd pick.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Agree with you....but it must be the right deal to Davidson, obviously, ....however he sees it......however, I prefer moving up from 20, if Davidson feels the right playah is there.
Agreed of course. But a step or so down at two might also really enhance a move up at 20. Lot's in play with all the picks. And next year too. No idea the strength of that draft. But gotta stretch the young kid contracts out too so they don't all hit at once hah.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If there is a move available that actually betters the team, yes.

It takes two to tango, though. So the whole "KD should trade the pick" has to be tempered with the fact that there might not be a viable offer; like any team willing to trade the pick wants, say, Korch coming back. Hard pass on that; keep the 2nd pick.
Well of course. I'm not trading down for probably anything other than swapping around draft picks and such.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
After doing limited research so far....and as some have correctly stated that "you must get a hit with the 2nd pick" ...my thinking is either the Mich. St. D-man or the Center Lindstrom. Centers are way more valuable than Wingers, If the Russian winger is having trouble in Russia, what makes one think he won't cause some trouble here? This 2nd pick MUST BE on the money!!!
Especially this year when you have to show Bedard you're committed to building around him and winning now. He's not going to let another year like this year go unnoticed.