Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I told you last week, I gave up on the season already

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know we picked up the win, and ultimately -- that's all that matters, but this team is a hot mess.

J

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Cam will win a superbowl one day I am a believer in him have been since last year. He has won at every level the kid is just a winner.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa Lions???? I dont care if we won or not. After seeing the score, I :puke: Once again Forte beasts so thats a plus. Now if we can fire Martz and get an actual OC who comprehends we are a RUNNING Team, and yeah, send JA with him, we might have more optimistic hopes. Since I couldnt see the game, not sure wtf happened after the score was 24-23. But the final score still showed to me this year is not looking positive. Love my Bears regardless, but backing Da Lions to take out GB :)

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa Lions???? I dont care if we won or not. After seeing the score, I :puke: Once again Forte beasts so thats a plus. Now if we can fire Martz and get an actual OC who comprehends we are a RUNNING Team, and yeah, send JA with him, we might have more optimistic hopes. Since I couldnt see the game, not sure wtf happened after the score was 24-23. But the final score still showed to me this year is not looking positive. Love my Bears regardless, but backing Da Lions to take out GB :)

thats the problem. When JA traded for Cutler he was planning on turning the Bears into a vertical offense, hence the Matz hiring. But were a running team, nothing wrong with throwing but when you dont have a clear #1, and a shaky offensive line, its hard to do that.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel for Cutler. He's going to be eaten alive by the Lions next week. He may not make it out of that game in one piece.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forget Cutler, that game will be over at halftime if the defense plays like it did today.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caleb Hanie could be our QB for the rest of the year after next week. :nervous:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Happy with the Bears' performance today.

I loved watching Forte run all over the Panthers defense, that's something we needed to see. Cutler only being sacked one time (on just 15 pass attempts) isn't bad, but the OLine could still improve in their pass blocking. Run game looked great though.

Defense gave up a ton of yards, but they got some big stops when they needed them. A 3-and-out in the 4th quarter with about 5:00 left to go, and then a TO on downs with the game on the line right after the two minute warning.

Don't care that they gave up 500+ yards, because the points are what really matters. The Panthers are a loaded team on offense. And don't forget that these same Panthers only lost by seven to everyone's SB favorite, the Packers, in Lambeau.

Secondary play will need to improve, and I've got my fingers crossed the Chris Harris is back against Detroit. Should be a fun week of hype for that one.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Franchise QB 9-17 102 and an INT.

Because your franchise RB averaged over 8 yards per carry. Also the number of plays the offense ran was limited by a pick-6 and a punt return TD.

They weren't on the field that much, and the dominance of the run game prompted the Bears to keep the ball on the ground.

No need to drop back when you can run forward that easily.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bend but dont break D.

Glad Hester got back into the takin em back to the house business, thats HUGE when you only have 9 completions, but I didnt really wanna see a repeat of past weeks. Did what we had to do and ran the damn ball.

Yep. Made the plays when they needed in order to preserve the win.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Cam will win a superbowl one day I am a believer in him have been since last year. He has won at every level the kid is just a winner.

I had him pegged as Jamarcus Russell part II on draft day, and from his first 4 NFL games, I appear to be very, very wrong.

You said it: he's a winner. Once he learns how to win games in the NFL, Carolina could be a very, very scary team. Panther fans just better hope it happens before Steve Smith retires.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
C'mon man not everything is sunshine & rainbows..the Bears have serious issues.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
C'mon man not everything is sunshine & rainbows..the Bears have serious issues.

You're right, but after hearing/reading so much negativity after a Bears win I felt like throwing some good things out there.

Secondary play is the biggest issue I can see heading into next week. And Calvin Johnson scares the shit out of me. Hopefully we get the same officials as week 1 last year.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Offensive line is offensive. It won't matter if the secondary stops Calvin Johnson or not. They won't give Cutler enough time to make a play.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bears scraped by the Carolina Panthers. At home. Angelo gives up 2 first round picks and a QB for a QB who became a game manager. Glad the Bears won, needed that.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears scraped by the Carolina Panthers. At home. Angelo gives up 2 first round picks and a QB for a QB who became a game manager. Glad the Bears won, needed that.

:martz:
Greatest show on grass

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Offensive line is offensive. It won't matter if the secondary stops Calvin Johnson or not. They won't give Cutler enough time to make a play.

They just ran for 224 yards in one game, averaging over 7 yards per carry. Does the OLine get any credit for that? Any at all?

I'll admit being more optimistic at times, but holy fucking shit, you don't run for over 200 yards every game. And half the time, Forte was barely even touched.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears will be 3 out after next week. That will just about eliminate any chance of the playoffs if it's not already done. This O-line and secondary are extremely sub-par for the NFL. It's a joke that Chicago has to deal with this crap.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
They just ran for 224 yards in one game, averaging over 7 yards per carry. Does the OLine get any credit for that? Any at all?

I'll admit being more optimistic at times, but holy fucking shit, you don't run for over 200 yards every game. And half the time, Forte was barely even touched.

No. They don't. Not when Cutler has less than two seconds, if that, to make a throw.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It was the Carolina Panthers d-line, with 2 rookies starting, nice they looked good, don't see them looking good much next week.