***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He never had an issue on kickoffs until recently. I just don’t trust him…he was taken off punts because he was muff city, dropped deep balls routinely, so he deserves no benefit of the doubt here. Now that I’ve seen him muff a kick, I expect it to happen again…things tend to spiral with him, not improve.

Much ado about nothing IMO regarding KOs as defenders so far away so to each his own.

Stats and history is great pal but it's pretty fucking windy by the lake in the winter
I get it. You really thought you had a great zinger there but those pesky stats and history intervened.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Much ado about nothing IMO regarding KOs as defenders so far away so to each his own.

I get it. You really thought you had a great zinger there but those pesky stats and history intervened.

You do have a point about the defenders not being able to move until the KR touches the ball, but all it takes is a fluke bounce for disaster to strike. I just feel like it’s an accident waiting to happen with Velus. For the record, I think he gets the job…doubt he keeps it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Did anyone feel any certain way about this when you saw it on Hard Knocks. I mean i definitely remembered that he said what he said but didn't really take too much from it.

I mean I don't because of context. I think he is saying we have a special defense and practicing against them is harder than preseason games. Which is likely true because our opponents are playing more vanilla, while Flus is likely prepping him with all types of defensive tricks.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

Good point. I think if a kick off is muffed by the returner, it should be a touchback or downed at that spot. Returners should be penalized for muffing a kick with no immediate threat in the vicinity. Especially when you factor in the kicking team not having a chance like before to recover the muff.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You do have a point about the defenders not being able to move until the KR touches the ball, but all it takes is a fluke bounce for disaster to strike. I just feel like it’s an accident waiting to happen with Velus. For the record, I think he gets the job…doubt he keeps it.
I think Velus isn't used to the ball's arrival, the fucked up part about Velus is he should of knew the about the rules he asked the referee during the game on Hard Knocks about downing the ball if it arrives, my wife thought that was stupid of him and he might just be a nervous wreck.
Thing is.. She's right.
They mentioned the ball arrives quicker and you basically have 10 guys somewhat 15 yards away in front of you, we can't have Velus muffing balls back there, another step lost on that play and Velus would of been flat line. Velus will botch them balls again, we been here before.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Stats and history is great pal but it's pretty fucking windy by the lake in the winter
Plus Goodell likes to throw some crazy winds into the script to make the double doinks more believable.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plus Goodell likes to throw some crazy winds into the script to make the double doinks more believable.
Man don't be ridiculous. Goodell has no power over the wind. He did have to approve the Soldier Field renovation though and had them angle it so that the wind would have the desired effect

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Man don't be ridiculous. Goodell has no power over the wind. He did have to approve the Soldier Field renovation though and had them angle it so that the wind would have the desired effect
Never knew that Goodell had a say in the renovations before. If this really happened, Than my thoughts are along the lines of.. The NFL doesn't want the Bears to move or such. Just my thoughts.

IMO, Can't keep moving teams to indoors when the game was meant for outdoors (originally Canada's weather). I think that's how the NFL will crumble once the element of surprise is gone.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never knew that Goodell had a say in the renovations before. If this really happened, Than my thoughts are along the lines of.. The NFL doesn't want the Bears to move or such. Just my thoughts.

IMO, Can't keep moving teams to indoors when the game was meant for outdoors (originally Canada's weather). I think that's how the NFL will crumble once the element of surprise is gone.
Don't worry; It's in jest.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

You can't keep having a few teams outdoors when most have moved indoors.

Then there's the issue of the high ticket prices, the only ones who can afford them don't want to be out in bad weather.