***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

NeverDieEasy

Righter of Wrongs
Liked Posts:
Pettis just muffed a punt this preseason and averages 6.6 on punt returns. He is a garbage punt returner. Just better hands.

But yes assume VJJ has to either be the KR or excel as a gunner to stick assume he doesnt return punts.

VJJ has only been playing RB for a couple weeks and has shown some ability and SPEED kills. I think he has shown enough capability as a 4th RB combined with the thought that keeping him on the roster effectively adds an additional active roster player since he can play multiple positions, RB/WR/ST, when injuries occur.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
VJJ has only been playing RB for a couple weeks and has shown some ability and SPEED kills. I think he has shown enough capability as a 4th RB combined with the thought that keeping him on the roster effectively adds an additional active roster player since he can play multiple positions, RB/WR/ST, when injuries occur.
I think Velus makes the roster, mostly because he is the best KR on the team. I think if they got desperate enough to need him to take significant snaps at wr, they could find a better option in FA or on their PS in no time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because i was replying to someone else who was talking about what he's built. Now you????

Please go away now.

Ok and I responded to you on the same basis. You acted like Pace was the GM so I pointed out his many failures as GM. You are praising an Atlanta team that has not proven to be any better than the Bears at this point and has as many queastions marks as we do if not more.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Velus makes the roster, mostly because he is the best KR on the team. I think if they got desperate enough to need him to take significant snaps at wr, they could find a better option in FA or on their PS in no time.
Hmmm maybe. I am not yet sure he's the best kick returner. But my guess is we'll know a little more after tomorrow evening.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yes but the issue is that would cost a roster spot. With VJJ you have 1 player representing 2 roster spots. That is especially important on game day when only a certain number of players are active.

On game days you can have VJJ active as the 4th RB and 5th WR. He can cover both in an emergency and then next week you probably elevate Wheeler or Johnson above him if someone is out.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
How can you be the best KR on the team if you can’t be trusted to catch the ball? He already muffed one so far in the pre-season. It would not surprise me one bit if a VJJ muffed kick comes back to haunt the Bears this season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How can you be the best KR on the team if you can’t be trusted to catch the ball? He already muffed one so far in the pre-season. It would not surprise me one bit if a VJJ muffed kick comes back to haunt the Bears this season.

Think there was talk of how windy it was that day. Cant remember whether it was the announcers or Hard Knocks that said it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Think there was talk of how windy it was that day. Cant remember whether it was the announcers or Hard Knocks that said it.
Biggs said that him and Tyler Scott had a miscommunication on that play. He also has never fumbled a KR in a real game

Enasic

Liked Posts:

It won’t be the only windy day and VJJ doesn’t exactly have a good track record catching the ball. I think you have to be out of your mind to trust him.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any thoughts on the WR room? I hope it's—

DJM, Allen, Odunze, Scott, Johnson. I guess we can keep Carter at PR and Velus as KR. I think we kept SEVEN WRs last year, so if Carter and Velus are marked as ST (and not wr/rb) add Pettis. Or do PR/KR just go under WR?

We kept five RB last year, plus FB. So I could see Swift, RJ, Herbert, Wheeler, Blasingame.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ok and I responded to you on the same basis. You acted like Pace was the GM so I pointed out his many failures as GM. You are praising an Atlanta team that has not proven to be any better than the Bears at this point and has as many queastions marks as we do if not more.
giphy.webp

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I mean it's a good thing he doesn't play in a place nicknamed the Windy City...

Oh wait...

Chicago isnt called the Windy city because of its politicians. It isnt even in the top 10 of windiest cities in the US.

The name comes from the fact that back in the 19th century its politicians/citizens were considered full of hot air by other midwestern states so people started referring to Chicago as the Windy City as a result.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It won’t be the only windy day and VJJ doesn’t exactly have a good track record catching the ball. I think you have to be out of your mind to trust him.

On punts sure. Never had a problem on kickoffs. I guess per @bamainatlanta Biggs said there was miscommunication with Scott.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
On punts sure. Never had a problem on kickoffs. I guess per @bamainatlanta Biggs said there was miscommunication with Scott.

He never had an issue on kickoffs until recently. I just don’t trust him…he was taken off punts because he was muff city, dropped deep balls routinely, so he deserves no benefit of the doubt here. Now that I’ve seen him muff a kick, I expect it to happen again…things tend to spiral with him, not improve.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Chicago isnt called the Windy city because of its politicians. It isnt even in the top 10 of windiest cities in the US.

The name comes from the fact that back in the 19th century its politicians/citizens were considered full of hot air by other midwestern states so people started referring to Chicago as the Windy City as a result.
Stats and history is great pal but it's pretty fucking windy by the lake in the winter