***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it's not an implication of anything. I'm simply saying you can have a high level of success without playing in the preseason. Justin Herbert has always played at a high level.

3134yds, TD/Int- 20:7 Justin Herbert? Maybe he should play in the preseason lol.

I agree that it is possible, however we do not know if it would be most beneficial. Different person, different situation.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
3134yds, TD/Int- 20:7 Justin Herbert? Maybe he should play in the preseason lol.

I agree that it is possible, however we do not know if it would be most beneficial. Different person, different situation.
No as in NEVER played and then set the rookie record for touchdowns with 31.

Tell me how a rookie didn't play a single game of preseason football snap and then threw 31 TDs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
An update from Braxton Jones on his health via The Athletic:

“Ramping back up​

As a rookie in 2022, Braxton Jones didn’t miss a snap in 17 games. In his second season, he missed six games. This past spring, he missed time, and that injury has limited his participation in training camp.

Jones did say he’s at 100 percent, but he’s still working his way back into being part of every drill.

“Just even in college I didn’t miss very many snaps, so it’s definitely tough,” Jones said. “It’s a mental grind for me, but I’ve been definitely just trying to work on my mental and stay balanced through the tough times of injuries because it is football. I mean … I play one way all the time, so there’s going to be injuries.”

Jones continues to work on handling the bull rush, something he’s acknowledged has been a challenge in the NFL. DeMarcus Walker tests him every day in practice.

“It can be the littlest technique issue of my left hand not being placed in because he’s really good at having tight hands and really attacking that inside shoulder,” he said. “For me, the littlest of details of having that punch timing and landing it perfectly before he can get into my chest. Because I have long arms, I can keep people away from me, but if I don’t have that correct punch timing, people can get into my chest very easily.”

Bears camp: False starts hinder offense, Matt Eberflus looking for 'focus and finish'Bears camp: False starts hinder offense, Matt Eberflus looking for ‘focus and finish’

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The post we're replying to was if Keenan had a good year not a down year. You also replied to this same post.

It's absolutely!!!!

And he still wouldnt be worth the 30m you seemed to be suggesting.

Mike Evans who will play this year at 31 and has 10 1k yard seasons and has been far healthier than Allen signed 2 years and 26 million.

Kenan Allen will be 33 in 2025. So it is highly unlikely he get 26m a year like Evans got. The fact he will be 2 years older and oft injured like you said is likely to put him closer to 20m than 26m much less 30m IMO.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Circling back on @BaBaBlacksheep question if Rome looks like a future No 1 WR and Scott looks like a legit speed/slot WR then it may be better speeding 17m on Allen rather than say 33m on Moore.

In that scenario you save 16m chossng Allen over Moore and you poasibly get a late first or 2nd for Moore.

Bear in mind if Williams is legit you will have to extend him as early as after 2026. A Moore extension would kick in 2026. So most of it will over lap with a Williams extension. Not to mention you will have a ton of young talent looking for 2nd contracts.

So there is no guarantee that keeping Moore is the best option from a roster construction. The Chiefs when Poles was there moved on from Hill and won 2 Super Bowls.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I am hoping they post the clip of the Caleb throw to Everett. I just listened to Adam Hoge's best and worst and he said that the best throw he has seen Caleb make so far in training camp and went on to say it was probably better than any throw he has ever seen a Bears QB make.