***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
SF, GB, Det, NYG, Dallas, Philly, Washington, NYJ, NE, Miami, Houston, Indy, Jax, Pitt, Cleveland, KC, LAC, LV at least
I would say some of those teams would cancel each other out.

Asking for your extremely good player to start on one of these teams might be a non-starter if the other team has an even better player at that spot. Now having two extremely good players at one position becomes even harder because one can move one really good player to a complimentary position but they cannot do the same thing with two players.

As an example, the Chargers have two good but old and often injured defensive ends.

How will those two be starters on Dallas, GB, Detroit, Cleveland among other teams?

The wording of the question makes it a very difficult position.

Which two DEs on another team are going send Garrett to the bench?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Yes. Thank you.

More than 2-3 is 3-4

Are you guys talking the entire defense or just the DL? For the entire defense, the Bears absolutely have multiple guys that would start on any team. The DL? No, half this DL would not start for every other team.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Are you guys talking the entire defense or just the DL? For the entire defense, the Bears absolutely have multiple guys that would start on any team. The DL? No, half this DL would not start for every other team.
I think it was DL.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

DL

I think. 😂

Obviously we’re not on same page

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Rookie QB, new rotating centers, new OC and playbook against an experienced and talented D.

And people are freaking out over false starts 6 practices in. LMFAO! Never change CCS. Never change.
If we have another false start this training camp, I fully expect Eberflus to either trade Williams or the entire offensive line. It's the only way to stop this train wreck and what a real leader would do.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I cannot wait to get rid of Nate Davis.

Is it safe to say this was another Poles mistake?

Is it safe to say that downloading and trading several TB of [re/dacted] for meth is just another halftime mistake?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It aint absolutely as he could have a down year or get injured. Duh!
The post we're replying to was if Keenan had a good year not a down year. You also replied to this same post.

It's absolutely!!!!

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That would imply that there is only 1 way to do something and also that everyone learns the exact same way.

Are all reps good reps? If not, what would be considered bad reps?
No it's not an implication of anything. I'm simply saying you can have a high level of success without playing in the preseason. Justin Herbert has always played at a high level.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone have video of the great pass Caleb threw to Everett today?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let me help you out here. Out of 214 run graded defensive tackles, Gervon Dexter was 187. He was as I said at the beginning of last year in his first game until his very last game a fucking tackling dummy in the run game defense.

I get it NO ONE likes my harsh factual opinions on Justin Fields and this year no one likes my factual opinions of Gervon Dexter.

90 percent of the board has no clue just how bad Dexter was last year as a defensive tackle and how he got slightly better as a pass rusher when he lined up further away from the interior of the offensive line. He was out on 4 and 5 technique roles or 7 as a defensive end when he had his most success. He had some success yes but it came when he wasn't playing as a defensive tackle.

I get it it's not popular to be so one sided and harsh on a Bears player but the reality is Dexter was a mess last year.

I don't care about his losing weight his conditioning test none of that bullshit. Go out and do better.
You couldn't even tell that they were in pads. Are we supposed to take your shit seriously?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What role does velus play that scott cant do?
Punt/kick returns is what I was hearing. With the new rules he was supposedly dangerous. IDK if he's anything ON the field other than a gadget or maybe straightline deep speed threat. I'm not a huge fan but would be okay with him as WR5 if he can indeed be a good kick/punt returner. More kick than punt IIRC.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You couldn't even tell that they were in pads. Are we supposed to take your shit seriously?
Can you just stop. We did this all morning. We went back and forth and then it stopped. Now here you are you gotta get your piece in because you feel left out. And you're a moderator too wanting attention from me.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I would be okay if the went OL with all of their picks next year. At least at Center. I think it really depends on whether we're picking 9 or 19 or 29. Early pick probably DE or DT, mid- to late-first, I could see them going Center.