***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
You'd like to think the false starts is a Caleb issue and they will fix it over the next couple weeks, but this team had false start and presnap issues all of last year. For a coach who emphasizes teaching and fundamentals, Eberflus hasn't been able to figure out snap counts and fix that with his team for a season + now

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Keenan may want that but ain’t nobody giving him $30 million at his age.
He'll probably be somewhere around $25 - $27 mil per. He'll probably get a 2 year deal with 1 year of that money guaranteed.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the only real issue with the OL is health and if one of Bates or Shelton can be good as the starter. We know B.Jones isn't great but is good and you can win with him at LT, hopefully he gets better with the bull rush. T.Jenkins is a stud and his only real issue is health. Bates/Shelton just be good. N.Davis can play and showed that in Tenn and when he was healthy last year, he wasn't great when he played but was good but he never played enough to really get in a groove. Wright will be a stud at RT.
Yeah, I do not share your optimism. I wish I did, but I do not. I want to be proven wrong on this though.

Canth

Liked Posts:
You'd like to think the false starts is a Caleb issue and they will fix it over the next couple weeks, but this team had false start and presnap issues all of last year. For a coach who emphasizes teaching and fundamentals, Eberflus hasn't been able to figure out snap counts and fix that with his team for a season + now
At least they kept the same OL coach. I am sure that helps….

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah, that would be the worry right now. I just hope that the Bears have one hell of a defensive line right now. Otherwise, yeah, it's going to be a long season.
What it really is is it's just practice and what you're seeing right now has nothing to do with how any of these guys will play on the starting unit with the same guys around them (hopefully) play after play and game after game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I cannot wait to get rid of Nate Davis.

Is it safe to say this was another Poles mistake?
Looks like it could be but won't know until we see what he does in the actual regular season games. Getting R.Bates was big for this reason though cause i think he'd be a pretty good guy to step in and start at RG if Nate has another unhealthy season and putting Shelton at C. I'd really rather they switch T.Jenkins to RG and play Bates at LG but i hate how much Jenkins has been moved around since he's been in the league.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
They don't need to play.

As an example Justin Herbert has NEVER played a single snap in the preseason.
Caleb Williams needs to play at least in this preseason. This offense has things to work on before week 1. Especially if you have hopes for making the playoffs.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So yet another year with no invested interior draft capital on the offensive line (when our biggest rival has multiple 1st round picks invested on the other side), 2nd day of padded practice, and we're already rotating a bunch of stiffs. I'm beginning to become "unrelaxed." I thought for sure the line would bounce back after yesterday, but they're somehow worse.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
I personally think they’re done with splash signings and will enter the extend their own guys and develop young players phase.
I personally like the trade during the season & extend before FA meta. If they can get another DE like this it would bolster the defense and give us another dude on a slight discount. They need to be close to "win now mode" with this season.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
If the Offensive line can’t block this sub-par defensive line, we are in for a long fucking season.
Waldron is good with misdirection/motion and used his tight ends really well to help his suspect OL in Seattle.

Waldron's understanding of how to minimize the weaknesses of the OL + the absurd weaponry and Caleb's quick processing gives me hope for the offense still.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy shit. I didn't know Kiran's injury was that bad. Why the eff do we always draft injured guys?
It was a partial quad tendon tear last Oct, not as described above, and it was long enough ago (oct) to see how it's healing by April. I wasn't expecting him on the active roster to start the year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The medical staff. What part of the medical staff being wrong are you not getting? The medical staff clears them and then an injury report gets leaked out and everyone goes WTF is wrong with the Bears?

Yeah it's a team effort.

What proof do you have that this is the same medical staff? Which medical staff were involved with Williams, Bazuin, Jenkins and Kiran?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They don't need to play.

As an example Justin Herbert has NEVER played a single snap in the preseason.

That would imply that there is only 1 way to do something and also that everyone learns the exact same way.

Are all reps good reps? If not, what would be considered bad reps?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Keenan will absolutely get more than $20 mil per and i'll take a guy in DJ Moore who stays healthy at 28 years old over a oft injured Keenan Allen at 33 years old all day every day.

It aint absolutely as he could have a down year or get injured. Duh!

Last edited:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Flus discussed changing up the cadences so that the defense couldn’t just tee off on the snap. I’m sure by now the defense has seen enough of the offense to predict a lot of what is coming.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rookie QB, new rotating centers, new OC and playbook against an experienced and talented D.

And people are freaking out over false starts 6 practices in. LMFAO! Never change CCS. Never change.

Last edited: