***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Nelly

Liked Posts:
So there is no guarantee that keeping Moore is the best option from a roster construction perspective. The Chiefs when Poles was there moved on from Hill and won 2 Super Bowls.
Yep. And we've already got our Chris Jones in Gervon Dexter! 😏

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No as in NEVER played and then set the rookie record for touchdowns with 31.

Tell me how a rookie didn't play a single game of preseason football snap and then threw 31 TDs.
I will tell you it’s only happened once in 100+ years of football. So using it as an example doesn’t carry the same weight.

Its kinda like taking a brand new gun, never been shot by you once, loading it up with ammo and then expecting it to save your wife’s life the moment you need it to, with a 1000yd shot that you’ve never even attempted with that type of rifle before. Would you, A; like to take a few practice shots? Or B; wing it and take your shot, because you know… you’ve shot lots of other guns 1000s of times before?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
People were begging him to draft a center but instead he drafted a 3rd string tackle ;(
How would a 3rd round rookie center help the rest of the line from false starting?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm saying all the offsides issues today point to the o-line being shit rather than a great d-line. We all know our d-line was league worst in sack percentage last year.
Oh no, what to do? This team is Dwumfour

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Who is getting beat though?

Is it Borom? Who is struggling?

There are people we know are good enough Jones is out hurt, Jenkins is good, Davis Wright the center? Who is getting beat and by whom?
The Bears need a starting LT. Is J'Marcus Webb avaialble?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
How would a 3rd round rookie center help the rest of the line from false starting?
Snap the ball.

That one was easy.

The whole offensive line might not be prepared for such an early snap but there wouldn't be any false starts, would there?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
SF, GB, Det, NYG, Dallas, Philly, Washington, NYJ, NE, Miami, Houston, Indy, Jax, Pitt, Cleveland, KC, LAC, LV at least

All these teams have 3-4 guys on the DL who can start for every team in the league? That’s over half the league.
I mean the minute you list two teams that have 3-4 players(75-100% based on scheme) that could start over existing players for EVERY other team you you have created an impossibility.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It really all depends on his season this year. If he’s missing games and not producing, his price tag will likely be very incentive-laden. I’m sure a contending team that needs just one more piece to their offense might overpay, I just don’t see any contract that doesn’t allow the signing team to get out of it in 2 years. I think Spotrac does an expected price tag estimate.
The post that we all were replying to was if Keenan did have a good year which is why i have him getting $25-$27 mil per and i actually said he could get a 2 year deal at that price with just 1 of those years being guaranteed.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Swifts issue has been staying healthy so far, correct? Dude's wildly talented, Caleb's got a few security blankets but Swift is flown under the radar a lil.

Reminds me of when we picked up Thomas Jones and he figured it all out after a few meh years to start his career.

Still cracks me up detoilet basically gave him away to draft another slightly faster version of him with a first round pick.

Gibbs also is making more guaranteed than swift already. CCS would have gone apeshit if the bears drafted a change of pace RB with a top 12 pick.