***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Something I hadn't considered but that probably bodes well for Rome's production as a rookie is that Caleb is a rookie too. I could see an established vet QB having at least some bias and not trusting a rookie right away, but they're in the same boat and have been building rapport a while now.

Might end up with better numbers than I thought behind DJ and Keenan (without even mentioning that Keenan tends to miss time here and there).
Just no. No, dude.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Wait until Booker plays another team and realizes that our oline is not very good. lol
I hate to disagree w/ Mr. Booker, Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut they will know what's coming, because every opponent gets the film from the previous game.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Notes from Monday’s camp via The Athletic:

“The Chicago Bears offense had the ball on the 6-yard line inside the Walter Payton Center at Monday’s practice. Here was an opportunity to respond to a rough Saturday practice and struggles near the goal line.

Caleb Williams, flushed from the pocket to his right, found wide receiver Keenan Allen in the back of the end zone for a touchdown. We’ll let the rookie quarterback break it down.

“We had a quick game for blitz that I went to … where we’re starting right there in that progression,” he said. “Start there and then I got back to Keenan. I felt the pocket’s collapsing and I felt a big gap open up, and I know Keenan is coming on the back line and I felt the defense push over, the ’backer attach. The ’backer was too low and I threw it over his head.”

From our vantage point, we saw Allen running from left to right along the back line with a defender trailing, and the linebacker in front, but Williams got the ball to his receiver in stride for the score.

Williams specifically mentioned his ability to recognize blitzes and then get to where his answers are for them before and after the snap.

“(It’s) feeling that out to adjust protection, to adjust whether it’s a run, flip the run, flip the run in to it, flip the protection, get to a quick game, get to a Cover 0 check,” he said.

The Bears should love that Williams is embracing this challenging part of quarterback play early. It’s not easy. The best veterans still struggle with blitz pickups.

Waldron said they don’t want to “hold back on that ability he has” when Williams creates outside the pocket. We saw it on the touchdown to Allen. But Williams also has shown he can comfortably make plays from the pocket.

From the 6-yard line, Williams made an anticipatory throw to the back left corner of the end zone and dropped it right in the arms of Odunze for the score. Those are the plays you’d like to see more often, of course, but it’s all a process. Williams said they are finally nearing the end of installing the full playbook.

Bears camp: Early impressions of Caleb Williams and how he views his progressBears camp: Early impressions of Caleb Williams and how he views his progress
Just inject that right into my veins, please.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No he's not.
Terrell played very well for a 5th round rookie. I imagine he’ll make a nice jump this season. This secondary can be scary talented & deep if they stay healthy. The days of Duke Shelley & Vildor are long gone!