***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The Carter video was a nice surprise as I hadn’t heard much about him during camp. Granted it was against backups, but he definitely looked like he belonged which is pretty much all you can ask for out of the backups.
It looked like some good balance and movement to me! That doesn't change when you go against the starters.

Canth

Liked Posts:
The Carter video was a nice surprise as I hadn’t heard much about him during camp. Granted it was against backups, but he definitely looked like he belonged which is pretty much all you can ask for out of the backups.

They have kept him on the 53 man roster since he was drafted and keep developing him. It would be really nice if he showed he was worth that roster spot and effort this year.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
They have kept him on the 53 man roster since he was drafted and keep developing him. It would be really nice if he showed he was worth that roster spot and effort this year.
I assume they keep 9 on the OL. Locks would be Jones, Jenkins, bates, Shelton, Davis, and Wright. Amegadje also if he isn't on pup into regular season. Then you have carvin, Carter, borom, and Pryor competing for 3 spots if amegadje is on pup. My guess is borom is the odd man out

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I assume they keep 9 on the OL. Locks would be Jones, Jenkins, bates, Shelton, Davis, and Wright. Amegadje also if he isn't on pup into regular season. Then you have carvin, Carter, borom, and Pryor competing for 3 spots if amegadje is on pup. My guess is borom is the odd man out

Getting a little worried about that guy.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It looked like some good balance and movement to me! That doesn't change when you go against the starters.
It is nice to see he had reps at OT too. He seemed to be aware of all of his assignments, showed good movement, executed some second level blocks, and had a nice anchor on a couple of OT reps.

Developing young guys is huge if you want to be a consistent winner.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@knoxville7 give us some deets on Carvin please
Carvin is an athletic IOL. Has experience at both guard spots and center. Played a ton of games at Tennessee. Lots of experience

He isn’t going to wow anyone with any of his measurables, but the guy always seems to do his job

Tennessees offense works best when it has a clean pocket on the interior of the line. QB’s don’t take deep drops, so that initial pressure up the middle has to be held back

During carvins time there, the QBs were well protected and the running game thrived.

I personally won’t be shocked at all if Carvin wins a starting job this year. Guy also comes from a military background, from right here in Memphis

Definitely pulling for the guy and think he’s for sure better than a lot of the backup/depth guys we have and won’t be surprised if he turns out to be better than Bates and Shelton

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Carvin is an athletic IOL. Has experience at both guard spots and center. Played a ton of games at Tennessee. Lots of experience

He isn’t going to wow anyone with any of his measurables, but the guy always seems to do his job

Tennessees offense works best when it has a clean pocket on the interior of the line. QB’s don’t take deep drops, so that initial pressure up the middle has to be held back

During carvins time there, the QBs were well protected and the running game thrived.

I personally won’t be shocked at all if Carvin wins a starting job this year. Guy also comes from a military background, from right here in Memphis

Definitely pulling for the guy and think he’s for sure better than a lot of the backup/depth guys we have and won’t be surprised if he turns out to be better than Bates and Shelton
One thing that came up on one of the talk shows was about another IOL, Bill Murray.

He apparently has been playing OL for very little time. Before that he was a defensive lineman with 4.9 speed on his 40 yard dash which would be very impressive for an offensive lineman, his current position group.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m just impressed that this years training camp/preseason CCS favorite might just be an offensive lineman instead of the prototypical 5’9 white slot WR that never transpires into anything lol

This organization AND its fan base just might be progressing to modern day football!

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
It is nice to see he had reps at OT too. He seemed to be aware of all of his assignments, showed good movement, executed some second level blocks, and had a nice anchor on a couple of OT reps.

Developing young guys is huge if you want to be a consistent winner.
Absolutely. Either they give you good games and sign a contract, allowing you to let more expensive vets enter the market, or they give you some good games and go on to sign good deals elsewhere. Either way, whether a team is good at developing players behind the starters has dynastic consequences.