***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He’s spot on about the secondary, if they stay healthy. But not buying it that they can be one of the best defenses in the league. Packers punked them big time in week 18.

This is why we know they can be great. They were outplayed by GB but still only gave up 17 points and Fields had multiple opportunities to make a game of it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nate Davis actually played more snaps on offense last year than Gordon on defense.
Well a starting OG would play more than a NB. I’m not sure how this is relevant to availability though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He’s spot on about the secondary, if they stay healthy. But not buying it that they can be one of the best defenses in the league. Packers punked them big time in week 18.
No J.Johnson in that game but not sure it would of mattered too much the way Love and that offense punked us.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well a starting OG would play more than a NB. I’m not sure how this is relevant to availability though.

They both miss time. Last year. This year. Year before last. One gets a negative comments the other gets a pass. 🤷‍♂️

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They both miss time. Last year. This year. Year before last. One gets a negative comments the other gets a pass. 🤷‍♂️

Your comment:

“So why doesn’t Gordon catch more shit? The guy has missed as much time than Davis.”

Is this true? No
Am I being pedantic? Yes.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Cue the Mel Brooks, “gentlemen! We have to protect our phony baloney jobs!”

He must have seen Carvin putting in work
CCS right now
giphy.webp

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
OK well they both miss time then. I just find it funny that Bears fans act like Nate Davis is the only guy who misses time. (Not defending him in the least).
I think that missing time for Nate Davis is more worthy of criticism because he has a much lower ceiling, and is being depended upon to protect the QB. So combined with the idea that Gordon is younger and better, the importance of the OL unit is greater than the importance of the DB unit.

Given that the OL improves as they get together, I think the extra scrutiny and following criticism for Davis missing time is very justified.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think that missing time for Nate Davis is more worthy of criticism because he has a much lower ceiling, and is being depended upon to protect the QB. So combined with the idea that Gordon is younger and better, the importance of the OL unit is greater than the importance of the DB unit.

Given that the OL improves as they get together, I think the extra scrutiny and following criticism for Davis missing time is very justified.

He also makes a fuckton of money for not being reliable at all

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I’m not really following this

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
It feels like Davis skips any time he can. He's never been at voluntary practices and he's not good when he plays. Gordon has been at voluntary practices and has continued to improve when healthy. Davis inactivity feels like laziness whereas Gordon doesn't give off that same appearance

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I assume they keep 9 on the OL. Locks would be Jones, Jenkins, bates, Shelton, Davis, and Wright. Amegadje also if he isn't on pup into regular season. Then you have carvin, Carter, borom, and Pryor competing for 3 spots if amegadje is on pup. My guess is borom is the odd man out
Does anyone know if Borom even played?