***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Explain how you blame a coaching staff for injuries? Especially when it includes two OL who have missed a lot of time when this was not their coaching staff.
Somewhat orthogonal, but I remember one training camp had a rash of hamstring injuries and it adversely affected the season. In the following off-season the Bears brought in a new strength and conditioning coach, and the muscle strains went down a lot. Maybe it's applicable, maybe it's not

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Id feel a lot better about the OG situation if they had drafted Haynes, Zinter, or Puni at 75 instead of a guy that needs a redshirt year. Hopefully Erhmagadjie proves to be worth the wait.
That was another awful 3rd round pick

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Have bad feeling Williams going to be running for his life come Saturday in Buffalo.

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
What is going on with linebacker Noah Sewell. Did he ever practiced? Is his injury that serious?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
3rd round pick on an injured Tackle sucks, who cares if he's from Hinsdale.

Poles got worked

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Yeah sorry I don't have much of a take on him; I watched the game on my phone while working and haven't gone back to watch it on a bigger screen. I distinctly remember seeing his number walking back to the huddle though

imo....he's probably not making the team. I've recorded it...will go straight to the 4th Quarter and watch it from there. That's when he probably played, or should have played...........lol.....

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
imo....he's probably not making the team. I've recorded it...will go straight to the 4th Quarter and watch it from there. That's when he probably played, or should have played...........lol.....
He's definitely a liability. Unfortunately though with the rash of offensive line injuries, he might be necessary, which in and of itself is troublesome.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Lets not forget the lack of fixing the center position with anyone legit.

Do you not like Bates or Shelton or did you not want Stevenson or Dexter. I'd definitely say the CB obsession has hampered this team more than it helped.
Or are you just pining for Connor Williams?

They should just sign Connor Williams even if he won’t be ready until the second half of the season. He is a top 3 center in the league just do it.

I really don't think he was ever in the plans. Even with his updated lower estimated price that doesn't leave us much cap.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has Wrights injury been disclosed?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Do you not like Bates or Shelton or did you not want Stevenson or Dexter. I'd definitely say the CB obsession has hampered this team more than it helped.
Or are you just pining for Connor Williams?
Well right now i have hope that Bates or Shelton can take that starting job and solidify it but we don't know if either can yet and Bates might not even get it because he might end up playing RG because Nate Davis doesn't like playing football.

I'd love to get Connor Williams but even though he's great, when he plays, the problem is his injury history is pretty serious, so do i want Poles to put that kind of money in someone who can't stay healthy is the issue.

I love Stevenson but still on the fence with Dexter. He needs to show big improvement this year.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
No not yet. Hoge said he didn’t even see him which is concerning
I did see he was out there at practice today, just not practicing. I'm worried he needed shoulder surgery and never got it and now it's an issue again. I'm also worried about the reports he's been getting abused in practice regularly.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I did see he was out there at practice today, just not practicing. I'm worried he needed shoulder surgery and never got it and now it's an issue again. I'm also worried about the reports he's been getting abused in practice regularly.

Ugh you had to put that out there huh?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nate Davis is on Poles, his issues were known but this coaching staff didn't get the most of him last year and it's clear this is starting poorly.

Jenkins needs to be managed - he cannot be relied on.

Wright has been struggling to block Sweat and he's beat up.

The entire defense was banged up to start the year last year and played drastically worse to start the year last year. The training regiment they did in training camp caused them to be injured.

Eberflus is only above average at one thing - generating turnovers. If Caleb gets a steady diet of consistent, interior pressure - it will stunt his development and that falls on Eberflus and his coaching staff because it's the same story as the past two years.
So do you think maybe we didn't need to draft a WR when we already had DJ & Allen (plus Kmet)?