***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Huh? Care to explain what this even means?

That game is 34 days away. What would make you think they aren’t “sleepwalking” into it?
The center position battle has quickly turned into Bates at guard because our guards are put together with duct tape.

No time together up front means there's going to be a lack of sharpness going into week 1. Bad head coach doing bad head coach stuff.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No Hopkins is nice but Levis isn't a bum and Cincy had no name Browning playing at a pretty high level for a long while last year.

This team went into week one wildly overconfident and under prepared last year. The media rehabbed Eberflus image with his stupid fucking makeover but it feels like this team is sleepwalking to week one right now.
Levis had 8 TD and 4 INT’s last year, which included a fluke outlier game with 4 TD’s on 19 completions. He then padded his stats with 2 TD’s in a 20pt blowout loss. I’m not the least bit worried about Levis lol.

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
Until the season starts and I see the offensive line as total garbage I am not going to focus too much on the daily shit reports from camp. If these guys are healthy enough to start the season I can’t see it as being worse than last season, and we do have a QB with a much quicker release and way better targets. I want to see it for real before completely dismissing the line as a total disaster. I’m sure it’s not great but if it could just perform as a middle of the pack line we should be able to do some good things on offense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The center position battle has quickly turned into Bates at guard because our guards are put together with duct tape.

No time together up front means there's going to be a lack of sharpness going into week 1. Bad head coach doing bad head coach stuff.
So by sleepwalking you mean injuries.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah I don’t feel great about that game. Hopefully Flus’s Defesne forces mayo boy Levis into some turnovers and they squeak out a win.

Hopkins isn’t looking likely to play as well.
I do like their offense and their secondary and inside DL. I think Callahan will get the best out of Levis and they still have Ridley and T.Boyd and two RB's with speed that can catch the ball.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

👍

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
OK well they both miss time then. I just find it funny that Bears fans act like Nate Davis is the only guy who misses time. (Not defending him in the least).
Nated Davis' Bears tenure:
Nate Davis had a reputation of laziness.
Mike Vrabel "hated" him for it.
The Titans let him go because of it.
He skipped OTA's just after signing with the Bears.
Eberflus called him out on it last training camp. He then missed time for"personal reasons."
Davis missed 6 games last season.
Davis skipped OTA's again this off season.
Davis again is missing TC time.

Kyler Gordon Bears tenure:
Failed concussion protocol , missing 2 games with in 2022
Missed the IR minimum, 4 games, after having surgery on a broken hand.

The differences are obvious.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am beginning to wonder why every year we lose 3 or 4 offensive lineman in the preseason.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nated Davis' Bears tenure:
Nate Davis had a reputation of laziness.
Mike Vrabel "hated" him for it.
The Titans let him go because of it.
He skipped OTA's just after signing with the Bears.
Eberflus called him out on it last training camp. He then missed time for"personal reasons."
Davis missed 6 games last season.
Davis skipped OTA's again this off season.
Davis again is missing TC time.

Kyler Gordon Bears tenure:
Failed concussion protocol , missing 2 games with in 2022
Missed the IR minimum, 4 games, after having surgery on a broken hand.

The differences are obvious.

Why is “personal reasons” in quotes when we now know it was because his mom died?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Why is “personal reasons” in quotes when we now know it was because his mom died?
As eye doc stated he already had a reputation for missing time before this. Sure we can excuse his absence last year but plenty of players wouldn’t have missed the same time, this does nothing to excuse his history nor his current missed time.

Kyler Gordon had a concussion and a legitimate injury.

How are you even comparing the two?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As eye doc stated he already had a reputation for missing time before this. Sure we can excuse his absence last year but plenty of players wouldn’t have missed the same time, this does nothing to excuse his history nor his current missed time.

Kyler Gordon had a concussion and a legitimate injury.

How are you even comparing the two?

Pick Jenkins then. He’s injured. He has a reputation for injuries. Where is the daily cunting over him?

Players get injured. It sucks. I’ve just never seen an entire fan base this obsessed over one guy.

And are you saying Davis’s injuries aren’t “legitimate”? You called Gordon’s legitimate. So it sounds like you’re questioning if Davis is actually injured or not.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The case of Davis is one of those situations where I think the Bears withholding info hurts them. Last year it was day after day of “personal reasons” given as the excuse for missing practice. It got weird. If Flus would’ve just come out and said “look the guys mom is dying leave him alone” that would solve most of the problems. But because info is withheld Bears fans being a bunch of meatballs assume the guy was eating bon bons every day. When players get injured they withhold info so the fans assume a guy is lazy. Flus should quit being coy with shit.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Pick Jenkins then. He’s injured. He has a reputation for injuries. Where is the daily cunting over him?

Players get injured. It sucks. I’ve just never seen an entire fan base this obsessed over one guy.

And are you saying Davis’s injuries aren’t “legitimate”? You called Gordon’s legitimate. So it sounds like you’re questioning if Davis is actually injured or not.
Im not Sugarwall but the answers to these questions seem obvious: money and level of play.

Jenkins doesnt get cunted over for the same reason as Gordon - he makes a quarter of Davis' cap hit and when he did play was an above average starter. Even with that though the news that the Bears arent even negotiating contract extension with him until midseason was met with quiet approval from the fanbase.

Fans can look past a player being overpaid, they can look past a player with "unavailability issues" (injury or behavior, not a knock at personal issues absence), and lord knows this fanbase has no problem falling in love with below average players. But you cant sell all 3, and unfortunately that kind of defines Nate Davis' '23 campaign. Collectively though gold fish memories are in effect, the second Nate Davis has a good game and CW throws for 300+ yards in a win the same critics will be reserving seats at Nates HoF speech.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im not Sugarwall but the answers to these questions seem obvious: money and level of play.

Jenkins doesnt get cunted over for the same reason as Gordon - he makes a quarter of Davis' cap hit and when he did play was an above average starter. Even with that though the news that the Bears arent even negotiating contract extension with him until midseason was met with quiet approval from the fanbase.

Fans can look past a player being overpaid, they can look past a player with "unavailability issues" (injury or behavior, not a knock at personal issues absence), and lord knows this fanbase has no problem falling in love with below average players. But you cant sell all 3, and unfortunately that kind of defines Nate Davis' '23 campaign. Collectively though gold fish memories are in effect, the second Nate Davis has a good game and CW throws for 300+ yards in a win the same critics will be reserving seats at Nates HoF speech.

Haha. Very true

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

To be fair, I'm sick of Jenkins too and can't wait to replace him. I am slightly less sick of him because he doesn't suck when he does play unlike Davis.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The one thing I will say about Nate Davis is there is a lot of confirmation bias.

Bill Zimmerman made one comment about Vrabel hating him that everyone picked up and acted as if there were hundreds of reports on this.

Case in point. Here is a Titan site quoting a Bears site about Vrabel hating Davis. You would think if Vrabel hated Davis, people who cover the Titans would have heard of it before a Bears site reported it.

In any event, cant be bothered with all this doom. Will see how things shake out.