***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Claypool was a locker room issue, Davis may just be the next eddie goldman. Pretty different being lazy vs. being a cancer

So faking injuries wouldn’t be a locker room issue? You don’t think faking injury while the rest of the team is busting their asses wouldn’t be a problem?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If he’s eating bon bons and faking injuries you cut him regardless. A player as lazy and awful as Bears fans are making him out to be would be terrible to keep around. That’s why Poles ate that 2nd round pick and cut bait with Claypool
Why do you continue to make it about one thing. Both can be true at the same time. @Bearly provided you a quote as well.

Please enlighten us how chase claypool on the final year of his rookie deal compares to Nate Davis at 12 million dollar dead cap hit.

Please show us claypools cap hit and explain how similar it is.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why do you continue to make it about one thing. Both can be true at the same time. @Bearly provided you a quote as well.

Please enlighten us how chase claypool on the final year of his rookie deal compares to Nate Davis at 12 million dollar dead cap hit.

Please show us claypools cap hit and explain how similar it is.

Don’t know what this is about? (The bolded)

The point with Claypool is admitting a mistake and moving on. Yes…. A draft pick is different than cap space. But if you fucked up THAT BAD then you cut bait and move on.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Don’t know what this is about? (The bolded)

The point with Claypool is admitting a mistake and moving on. Yes…. A draft pick is different than cap space. But if you fucked up THAT BAD then you cut bait and move on.
How much did the bears* have to pay to move on from claypool?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Poles won’t take a chance on a great player coming off an injury like Williams, leave that for scrub organizations like the Ravens. Lazy like Davis and Claypool? Let’s do it!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
52 rating on PFF in regards to last year and the eye test easily confimed it. Then this general quote from Vrabel regarding his expectations of his players if you don't want to believe the never disputed article about Davis being a mope.

“I don’t mean it’s all on the player; there’s just some responsibility that you take that your profession pretty much relies on your body and your health. We try to coach everything that we can talking about routines and trying to find veteran players that have really good routines and look at their career. "
This was said in 2021 per below. Nate Davis missed games in 2021 because of concussions and Covid so doubt Vrabel was referring to him. He missed time in 2023 and Bears fans have created an entire Titans mythology to act like this was all so obvious and so we should never have signed him.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
This was said in 2021 per below. Nate Davis missed games in 2021 because of concussions and Covid so doubt Vrabel was referring to him. He missed time in 2023 and Bears fans have created an entire Titans mythology to act like this was all so obvious and so we should never have signed him.

I'll trust Zimmermann, over you, who has been the first to report several things and is clearly connected, which I think even @zack54attack would vouch for him being connected. I'll take his word along with a mountain of evidence that supports it over Remy doing his usual coping

Last edited:

napo55

Liked Posts:
So does Ryan Poles bear any responsibility for signing Davis given his history?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll trust Zimmermann over you who has been the first to report several things and is clearly connected, which I think even @zack54attack would vouch for him being connected. I'll take his word along with a mountain of evidence that supports it over Remy doing his usual coping

Not sure what this has to do with the post you responded to but do you bro.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was certainly more of a response to your previous post questioning Zimmermann. But it's the time of year that you are full cope for everyone on the bears roster

What did I say that was wrong about the Zimmerman report?

1. He is the only one that reported it as far as I can tell.

2. It is weird no Titans reporter every reported it.

Which of those do you disagree with.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure what this has to do with the post you responded to but do you bro.
Coincidence is not the same as causation. They didn't retain him for a reason. Daniel Brunskill nor his salary were that reason.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
So faking injuries wouldn’t be a locker room issue? You don’t think faking injury while the rest of the team is busting their asses wouldn’t be a problem?

8zdqbs.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Coincidence is not the same as causation. They didn't retain him for a reason. Daniel Brunskill nor his salary were that reason.

That doesnt change the fact that at the time of the quote he only had concussions and Covid that so not sure how it is relevant. Are you saying Vrabel was blaming him for getting Covid or a Consussion?

They signed Brunskill for 2 years at 5.5m and drafted Peter S so could be as simple as they didnt want to spend almost 4 times what they paying Brunskill.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anything coulda. There was a report BEFORE he didn't show up for OTAs and found excuses (besides his mom)here and then he continues to do what that report said. Must be coincidence. That said, If he shows up and plays decent in Sept., I'm good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anything coulda. There was a report BEFORE he didn't show up for OTAs and found excuses (besides his mom)here and then he continues to do what that report said. Must be coincidence. That said, If he shows up and plays decent in Sept., I'm good.

It is perfectly fine if you believe the Zimmerman report. It makes little sense to take that Vrabel quote in 2021 given Davis again had concussions and Covid.