***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
So do you think maybe we didn't need to draft a WR when we already had DJ & Allen (plus Kmet)?
I mean, I was the king of the haul so I wasn't the biggest fan of this off-season in total.

But Eberflus as a HC and the interior of the OL are highly suspect. The vibes can be high all off-season but it's worthless once the games actually start and you can't fully rely on Jenkins and Davis.

Maybe Caleb and the insane WR core are a magic eraser but I'm not fully sold just yet.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Caleb and the insane WR core are a magic eraser but I'm not fully sold just yet.
No reason to be. Caleb was known to hold the ball a bit long & fumble too. I think his delivery is faster tho. But if we cannot block for our QB again...how much difference is another WR going to matter THIS year?

We'll see...

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
No reason to be. Caleb was known to hold the ball a bit long & fumble too. I think his delivery is faster tho. But if we cannot block for our QB again...how much difference is another WR going to matter THIS year?

We'll see...
I mean, every team comes into a season with holes but you're not wrong here.

I question the Rome pick less than the injured Yale kid and Taylor when the interior was has needed an infusion of actual talent rather than thrift store finds.

Personally I would have rolled with Justin and 4-5 more swings in the draft at OL & DL.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I question the Rome pick less than the injured Yale kid and Taylor when the interior was has needed an infusion of actual talent rather than thrift store finds.

Personally I would have rolled with Justin and 4-5 more swings in the draft at OL & DL.
Yeah, I take that back. Odunze made more sense than Kiran and a punter. There had to be a good interior o-lineman in the 3rd.

Plus Allen's one year deal...hopefully Odunze steps up as a "no question" #2.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Poles belives Kiran and Taylor are better for the long term future of the Bears over other players available then he should draft them.

Being overly fixated on just 2024 is dumb. He is trying to build a long term winner and continuously drafting for need over BPA is not a recipe for long term success.

Williams has far better talent around him that most No 1 picks get. That includes the OL. And yes there will be times he will have to protect himself and get the ball out quick. Such is life for a young QB in the NFL.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
If Poles belives Kiran and Taylor are better for the long term future of the Bears over other players available then he should draft them.

Being overly fixated on just 2024 is dumb. He is trying to build a long term winner and continuously drafting for need over BPA is not a recipe for long term success.

Williams has far better talent around him that most No 1 picks get. That includes the OL. And yes there will be times he will have to protect himself and get the ball out quick. Such is life for a young QB in the NFL.
Eberflus needs a strong season so we absolutely need a strong 2024 otherwise we're pulling the same shit all over again. The seat will get hot for him if they start the season like they did last year.

Overloading the OL with quality, reliable depth isn't overly fixating on 2024 - it's giving your franchise QB a reliable structure to thrive. Jenkins and Davis are known to be unreliable, the interior of the OL was not addressed adequately and it could backfire on them.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eberflus needs a strong season so we absolutely need a strong 2024 otherwise we're pulling the same shit all over again. The seat will get hot for him if they start the season like they did last year.

Overloading the OL with quality, reliable depth isn't overly fixating on 2024 - it's giving your franchise QB a reliable structure to thrive. Jenkins and Davis are known to be unreliable, the interior of the OL was not addressed adequately and it could backfire on them.

You are presuming that 3rd and 4th round picks automatically provide depth when they are more likely to not be better than what we have this first year.

We added Shelton and Bates so the IOL was addressed. Just not the way you wanted it to.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

No. He needs every OL player in front of him to be an all-pro. Even the backup OL.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
We've got Doug Kramer and Ja'Tyre Carter from the 2022 draft. If these guys are ever going to amount to anything in the NFL, we need them to take that step now. They should be pushing for starting positions with the way this roster is currently constructed. If they aren't anywhere near starter caliber, then we should cut them and find two other players to develop.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
We've got Doug Kramer and Ja'Tyre Carter from the 2022 draft. If these guys are ever going to amount to anything in the NFL, we need them to take that step now. They should be pushing for starting positions with the way this roster is currently constructed. If they aren't anywhere near starter caliber, then we should cut them and find two other players to develop.
Kramer was rotating in with the 1s to start camp and then by HOF game was clearly passed by carvin on the depth chart. Kramer might as well be launched from the roster.

Carter always seems okay when he plays. He seems fine as a 9th guy on the bench for the OL but can also be improved on in the future likely

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I agree...by the third year a team will know what they have in a player.....if he doesn't show anything by then, he never will...

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Poles has been overall good but this is year 3 and we're still having major questions on both the health and ability level of the offensive line.

This is poor coaching and piss poor management of assets. This shit ruined Justin's time here and can absolutely ruin Caleb's time and development.
Either you work the line or work other players. You can’t everything all at once. He chose to go with the latter. With all the pieces in place for WR, QB, RB, TE, Punter, I can see Poles working on the offensive line and defense this next offseason and draft.

The goal is to build the team for the long run. If Fields would have worked out, we would have probably went offensive lineman with the 1st or 2nd pick.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Kramer won’t be shit from what he’s done so far. Carter at the least is some cheap depth. Which is perfectly fine considering the draft position.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jeffrey Simmons will wreck shit and cause the Titans to win week 1 if they put in bums in front of him.
Jeffrey Simmons and the big fatty T'Vondre Sweat who i hear is wrecking shit in camp.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jeffrey Simmons and the big fatty T'Vondre Sweat who i hear is wrecking shit in camp.
Yeah I don’t feel great about that game. Hopefully Flus’s Defesne forces mayo boy Levis into some turnovers and they squeak out a win.

Hopkins isn’t looking likely to play as well.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kramer won’t be shit from what he’s done so far. Carter at the least is some cheap depth. Which is perfectly fine considering the draft position.
Carvin looked decent at C in the HOF game. Kramer may be out.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Yeah I don’t feel great about that game. Hopefully Flus’s Defesne forces mayo boy Levis into some turnovers and they squeak out a win.

Hopkins isn’t looking likely to play as well.
No Hopkins is nice but Levis isn't a bum and Cincy had no name Browning playing at a pretty high level for a long while last year.

This team went into week one wildly overconfident and under prepared last year. The media rehabbed Eberflus image with his stupid fucking makeover but it feels like this team is sleepwalking to week one right now.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No Hopkins is nice but Levis isn't a bum and Cincy had no name Browning playing at a pretty high level for a long while last year.

This team went into week one wildly overconfident and under prepared last year. The media rehabbed Eberflus image with his stupid fucking makeover but it feels like this team is sleepwalking to week one right now.

Huh? Care to explain what this even means?

That game is 34 days away. What would make you think they aren’t “sleepwalking” into it?