***Official*** Cuts and Practice Squad Thread

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
"I actually wouldn't mind Robinson as a 3rd after Allen is gone. I think that would be a good place for him. He has a possibility of moving up, competition to push him/learn from."

So....guy can't make the god-awful giants roster this year.....but next year; he'll be good enough to replace Allen and be the bears #3???

Nice try

Remember that when it comes time to replace Allen. That you require the #3 to be worthy of being #1 not that you want a WR who wouldn't make #2 or even #3 on another team to be our #1.
Raise your expectations.

Obviously you are someone who thought these lucky to be #3 in the NFL were in a good spot as our #1s.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
Remember that when it comes time to replace Allen. That you require the #3 to be worthy of being #1 not that you want a WR who wouldn't make #2 or even #3 on another team to be our #1.
Raise your expectations.

Obviously you are someone who thought these lucky to be #3 in the NFL were in a good spot as our #1s.
The only thing I'll remember is that my expectations were that Allen Robinson was past due and if Poles signs/plugs him as the #3......I'll be shocked and disappointed

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, probably all of you thought AR was a true #1 on the Bears and I was saying he was #2 at best, probably a #3 on any other team.
Probably all of you thought Mooney was a true #1 on the Bears.

It's all of you with the low expectations. I don't care if AR has got old. He's not coming back here so I haven't paid attention to him since he left.

So keep your extremely low expectation gloating to yourselves. If he was ever as good as you thought or else he would be at least an elderly Allen. He was never the #1 you all claimed him to be.
He was everything I claimed him to be because I actually paid attention to him in his rookie year because of some fluke.

Dumb logic.

Look at Julio Jones career and see that he completely fell off a cliff from 2019 to 2020

True #1s can fall off quickly. Or was Julio Jones not a true #1?

Screenshot_20240828-020012_Chrome.jpg

A Rob put up stats like a true #1 in 2019 and 2020 then fell off that same cliff

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The point is and was for all of you that no he wasn't. Those were your low expectations speaking to you.
True #1s may fall off with age, they don't become complete crap unless they're retiring. That is again your low expectations being justified.

Peyton Manning fell off with age and injury. And then had some record years.
Allen is at the end of his career and many are rightly saying he still has some game in him.
This makes no sense. Thanks.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Surprise cut from Adam Jahns via The Athletic:

Chicago Bears

Jake Curhan, OT​

The Bears have injury problems up front. Backup left tackle Larry Borom was placed on IR but is designated to return. Center/guard Ryan Bates is week-to-week with a shoulder problem. And rookie lineman Kiran Amegadjie recently returned to practice following surgery on his quad in October. Curhan also played for new offensive coordinator Shane Waldron in Seattle for three years. But the Bears opted for backup center Doug Kramer, a sixth-round pick in 2022, to round out their depth up front. Veteran Matt Pryor can handle every role but center. — Adam Jahns”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/57...ck-kadarius-toney/?source=user_shared_articleKadarius Toney, Desmond Ridder and the most surprising cut from every NFL team

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Why has this guy been so underwhelming in the NFL?

Does he take off with a change of scenery?

Should the Bears take a shot at him?

Carolina Panthers

Terrace Marshall, WR​

The Panthers did a lot of their heavy-lifting roster trimming in March, so there were few players left who would qualify as a huge surprise. But we’ll go with Marshall because he was a high draft pick (second round in 2021) and because he was coming off a strong end to the preseason. But the writing has been on the wall for the former LSU wideout for a while. Marshall requested a trade last fall, and the Panthers were shopping him ahead of Tuesday’s cuts. When GM Dan Morgan found no takers, he moved on from Marshall, who probably needed a fresh start. — Joseph Person”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/57...ck-kadarius-toney/?source=user_shared_articleKadarius Toney, Desmond Ridder and the most surprising cut from every NFL team

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
RIP Ryp & Reed. No more backup QB controversy. No more backup trade talk.

I told you all Robinson was good but not a #1. Hopefully our time with DJ, Allen and Odunze bumps Bear fans expectations up for WRs a bit. But since it wasn't bumped up in the Emery year it may take draft generations.
I actually wouldn't mind Robinson as a 3rd after Allen is gone. I think that would be a good place for him. He has a possibility of moving up, competition to push him/learn from.
LOL, you are a legend in your own mind. Quick post search, you had literally one post about AR12 when the Bears signed him and it was about being excited about him. And who the fuck wants AR this year, let alone next season? That is comically ignorant.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If Tre'Mon Morris-Brash hasn't been mentioned, he's an interesting name. UDFA as an edge that Chargers people said looked good going against guys like Rashawn Slater in camp.

Los Angeles Chargers

Tre’Mon Morris-Brash, Edge​

Morris-Brash was a steady performer during training camp, and even though he was an undrafted free agent in a crowded edge rusher room, it looked like he was trending toward a 53-man spot. He was disruptive as a pass-rusher in practice, including against the Chargers’ first-team offensive line.

His go-to move is an inside spin, and in one practice during the fourth week of camp, he used it to create pressure while one-on-one against left tackle Rashawn Slater. Morris-Brash carried the strong practices into the preseason games, where he totaled four pressures and had a pick-six in the preseason finale against the Cowboys. Between game and practice production, I thought Morris-Brash had done enough. That was not the case. — Daniel Popper”

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know what time the released players clear (waivers?) and are able to be signed?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Los Angeles Chargers

Tre’Mon Morris-Brash, Edge​

Morris-Brash was a steady performer during training camp, and even though he was an undrafted free agent in a crowded edge rusher room, it looked like he was trending toward a 53-man spot. He was disruptive as a pass-rusher in practice, including against the Chargers’ first-team offensive line.

His go-to move is an inside spin, and in one practice during the fourth week of camp, he used it to create pressure while one-on-one against left tackle Rashawn Slater. Morris-Brash carried the strong practices into the preseason games, where he totaled four pressures and had a pick-six in the preseason finale against the Cowboys. Between game and practice production, I thought Morris-Brash had done enough. That was not the case. — Daniel Popper”

Ha! That's exactly where I just read it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I just read the Texans released WR Noah Brown. He had some nice flashes last season.