***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears @ Rams (The Late Night Whoop-De-Doo in Holly-Woo: Justin WHO? Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
  1. Matthew Stafford played a danged near perfect game.
  2. Rams have better receivers than Bears secondary.
  3. General lack of pass-rush, despite a stretch there before halftime when the pass-rush was threatening
  4. A healthy Goldman playing would have shut down at least one of those drives
  5. Bears win this game if Jared Goff plays.
  6. They possibly win this game if Fields plays too.
  7. Hopefully Borom isn't out for the season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was the first game of the season. There are many unknowns. They might be a top 10 but I don’t think they will finish #1 again.

Well until then, the point still stands. No point pretending they are not a top 10 until you have proof of that. Last time we had enough data, they were No 1.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree except Daltons nota playmaker so the likelihood of those plays being made is very small

Nah, guys were open so not like he would have to do something great.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears fans are so delusional. We moved the ball against a SB contender with a No 1 D. We were not winning this game.

If Dalton cant get by the Bengals then we can start talking about Fields starting.
Any team can move the ball. Can you outscore the opponent is the important thing. Only a few teams scored less than the Bears today so why you're acting like they looked like offensive juggernauts, IDK.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any team can move the ball. Can you outscore the opponent is the important thing. Only a few teams scored less than the Bears today so why you're acting like they looked like offensive juggernauts, IDK.
Pff says so

Scobear

Liked Posts:
We've had 4 years of failing to convert under Matt Nagy's leadership. I just don't see things changing with him at the helm irrespective of the QB. It may be encouraging that the offence moved the ball more efficiently than usual against a good D, but surely we have to set our sights higher rather than accepting the mediocrity that Nagy's produced during his tenure. I don't think the Bears progress with Nagy as HC.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He did blitz some. It didnt work. At end of the day none of his high paid D players did anything.
I think the players sucked but they were also put in the wrong position on several big plays.....

Would you now like to discuss how you think Nagy's game plan and game call was good enough to win the game....because that is also coaching

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, this is about what I expected.
  • Dalton played okay, lost by a large margin.
  • Sacked a few times.
  • Fields came in and ran for a TD.
  • Robinson and Mooney looked good.
  • Was SURPRISED to see Monty look stout.
  • OL was bad, and now we're even more hurt.
  • Happy to see Kmet getting a lot of love.
  • No sign of Jesse James, which is good.
If it wasn't for Fields, we would have lost 34-7.

GET DALTON OUT OF THERE.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's time that a lot of Bears fans grow up and start looking at things from a realistic perspective. A lot of this off-season hype was based on all of the downward trending players not trending downward, all of the rookies playing to their absolute max potential, Desai being Vic Fangio light and Matt Nagy not being Matt Nagy.

I feel bad for Justin. Been winning his whole life and now he enters the Ryan Pace Bears.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No this is false. We sucked moving the ball against good teams last year.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far as scoring points, they had maybe 3 games in which they scored less than they scored today, and had a stretch where they moved the ball plenty and scored 30+ points for 4 or 5 games in a row. Didn't lose a single game by 20+ last year. Only thing that worked today was the run game. When that fails, then what? How far do you think that short passing game is going to take them? Opposing teams will give you those 15-20 play drives every time when they're in complete control of the game.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely a top defense, just not #1.
Do Bears have that kind of success running the ball against the Rams later in the season? Likely not. These teams all come out a bit rusty cause they go so light in practice and the preseason. And a good running game is still good to have but that, alone, with a short passing game isn't going to get you near as far as it could in the past, especially when your own defense goes to shit. The good teams can strike fast and put a lot of points on the board. I think the Bears have some good weapons but their current starting QB can't utilize them to their full potential and Nagy's mindset is still kinda fucked up.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Do Bears have that kind of success running the ball against the Rams later in the season? Likely not. These teams all come out a bit rusty cause they go so light in practice and the preseason. And a good running game is still good to have but that, alone, with a short passing game isn't going to get you near as far as it could in the past, especially when your own defense goes to shit. The good teams can strike fast and put a lot of points on the board. I think the Bears have some good weapons but their current starting QB can't utilize them to their full potential and Nagy's mindset is still kinda fucked up.

the Rams begged the bears to run by keeping 6 in the box. Daniels did a pretty good job containing Donald one on one which allowed Montgomery to have that big run as an example.

so yes I do think if they kept this same strategy then the Bears could run effectively against them. I’ll be impressed with the Bears rushing attack when they are doing it against 8 in the box consistently.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
the Rams begged the bears to run by keeping 6 in the box. Daniels did a pretty good job containing Donald one on one which allowed Montgomery to have that big run as an example.

so yes I do think if they kept this same strategy then the Bears could run effectively against them. I’ll be impressed with the Bears rushing attack when they are doing it against 8 in the box consistently.
That’s coming when teams get film on Matt Nagy’s high flying 5.6 ypa passing offense.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh awesome we can move the can move the ball down the field, albeit in 10+ plays and still only manage 14 points. great!

BA019251-101D-4E1D-B61C-8BE20EF33F54.jpegD2AAA791-B8C8-413F-8337-29436FB72683.jpeg

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
  1. Matthew Stafford played a danged near perfect game.
  2. Rams have better receivers than Bears secondary.
  3. General lack of pass-rush, despite a stretch there before halftime when the pass-rush was threatening
  4. A healthy Goldman playing would have shut down at least one of those drives
  5. Bears win this game if Jared Goff plays.
  6. They possibly win this game if Fields plays too.
  7. Hopefully Borom isn't out for the season.
8. If the D stays this bad, Bears are in serious trouble