***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears @ Rams (The Late Night Whoop-De-Doo in Holly-Woo: Justin WHO? Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As far as scoring points, they had maybe 3 games in which they scored less than they scored today, and had a stretch where they moved the ball plenty and scored 30+ points for 4 or 5 games in a row. Didn't lose a single game by 20+ last year. Only thing that worked today was the run game. When that fails, then what? How far do you think that short passing game is going to take them? Opposing teams will give you those 15-20 play drives every time when they're in complete control of the game.

Yes and one of them was the Rams last year where we scored 10 and looked absolutely terrible offensively.

I dont expect all teams to play us like the Rams played us today.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
who were the 11 blind homers who picked the Bears to win on this poll?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes and one of them was the Rams last year where we scored 10 and looked absolutely terrible offensively.

I dont expect all teams to play us like the Rams played us today.
When they played the Rams last year, that was the point when the o-line was at its worst and the ever immobile Foles was at QB and Montgomery had no such success running the ball. Shit got reshuffled and the o-line worked itself up to a more acceptable mediocre level and Foles was no longer starting.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
who were the 11 blind homers who picked the Bears to win on this poll?
I initially thought they'd lose, but when I saw how they played in the second quarter, I thought they'd pull it out. What I didn't expect was the defense to lay down the way it did. I was wrong; sue me ?‍♂️

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Be you. 4 points. Awesome. Yards per play stayed the same. He sucks.

24 vs 14 first downs is a huge increase. Correct? The lack of points again was due to failures on critical downs rhat had more to do with the QB anf the refs missing calls.

Put another way, my recollection frok last year was we were lucky to score 10. My recollection from last night is we were unlucky to have only scored 14.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When they played the Rams last year, that was the point when the o-line was at its worst and the ever immobile Foles was at QB and Montgomery had no such success running the ball. Shit got reshuffled and the o-line worked itself up to a more acceptable mediocre level and Foles was no longer starting.

This is just telling me we were better this year than last on O. It doesnt chance the fact that we were.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just telling me we were better this year than last on O. It doesnt chance the fact that we were.
1 blowout game tells you that? I don't know how. Was it Dalton's 4.5 yard average depth of target or the fact Rams invited Bears to run and burn clock in a game they were totally in control of?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1 blowout game tells you that? I don't know how. Was it Dalton's 4.5 yard average depth of target or the fact Rams invited Bears to run and burn clock in a game they were totally in control of?

I am only comparing the Rams game last year and the Rams game this year so yes 1 game does tell me that.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team went from really bad last year to grossly underachieving this year.

I think even though it doesn't look like it, the offense is improved. Unfortunately Nagy is still holding on to playcalling.

The defense needs flogging. They are better than what they showed last night. I'm not saying this is a dominant defense by any stretch, but no NFL caliber defense should perform the way they did last night. Getting beat by a better team is one thing, but there shouldn't be wide open receivers running all over the plays, while at the same time, runs gash for 9-10 yards,

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
  1. Matthew Stafford played a danged near perfect game.
  2. Rams have better receivers than Bears secondary.
  3. General lack of pass-rush, despite a stretch there before halftime when the pass-rush was threatening
  4. A healthy Goldman playing would have shut down at least one of those drives
  5. Bears win this game if Jared Goff plays.
  6. They possibly win this game if Fields plays too.
  7. Hopefully Borom isn't out for the season.

Explain to me how in the fuck he would do this???? You need a pass rush to shut down one of those drives and Goldman's specialty is NOT rushing the passer.