***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears vs Bengals (Revenge of the Red Rifle Part 2: Midwestern Meltdown Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rise

Liked Posts:
Listen maybe give the shoe salesman a little credit, Dalton does give them the best chance to win right now. Here is the thing with Fields, he is a rookie and with rookies they will make mistakes, but you want to see flashes of what they can be. The Robinson pass, the Kmet pass (if thats offensive PI so is the Bengals 2nd TD), and the key 3rd down run to seal the game off the interception. He was under immense pressure not to blow this game and he came through.

How about this defense though? Fix that nickleback position and look out!

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not against Fields at all. I’ve said I want him to start week 4 many times. Just don’t think he’s the better QB right now.
Agreed, he will eventually be the better QB (assuming he doesnt crash and burn hard). But right now he is not the better QB. Ive see backups that are career 2nd and 3rd stringers come in and have much better games than Fields did today

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He prepared all week for that defense while Justin Fields is running scout team. Dalton has had months playing with the 1st team. Dalton is better prepared than Justin because of the opportunities gifted to him by your idol Nagy.
Yeah I’m not discounting that. Andy is obviously more prepared but he’s also just more experienced. What happened to playing who gives you the best chance to win?

Today the answer is Andy. Andy would not have thrown that pick or fumbled the ball Fields recovered. Whether you want to admit it or not that put the game in jeopardy.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
regardless of the QB on the the field, it was still classic Bears football... thanks pace,nagy,ted... i like watching shit

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
The biggest problem with the offense is Nagy hands down. Can't believe this bald headed prick is still allowed to call plays after last year. We know what happened when he gave up playcalling and what happened when he took it back.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't get the morons on this board. Did they really not see Fields put passes right there on the money and see at least 4 dropped passes?

For the record those morons were the ones I figured out were trolling when I unblocked them and had to reblock them for the same idiocy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fields was not good today. He still holds the ball too long and stays in the pocket too long on some plays then bails too early on others.

In the end, despite the mistakes, he made plays when ot mattered.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Typical ugly Bears game today. Hot take on the way....

1) Aside from the INT, I thought Justin Fields played well. WR1 (Robinson) dropped a sure-as-shit TD pass and had a 50/50 ball roll right off his fingers in the end zone. That type of shit just CANNOT happen, especially for a WR reportedly looking for $20+ million per year in his next contract.

2) Matt Nagy's playcalling continues to be a punch line around the NFL. You've got the running game working well but the only playaction you use is from the read option? How the hell is that helping your young QB?? Give him some easy throws off of boot action to help him. Utilize his mobility and ability to throw on the run for fuck sake. If anything stunts Fields growth this season, it's going to be Matt Nagy's playcalling. He's just not good at it.

3) The penalties were killer and I think after today Chicago should be #1 in the league in that category. Be You!

4) Mustipher and Ifedi were trash today. If there was pressure coming up the middle, there's a really good chance Mustipher whiffed on his guy. Not a fan. As for Ifedi, aside from the fact that Chicago has no depth, he really has no business starting on an NFL O-line.

5) Defense was pretty impressive and Jaylon Johnson continues to cement himself as a stud in the defensive backfield. Eddie Jackson made a tackle which is encouraging because after last week i just assumed that he was playing two-hand touch.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I didn't get to watch much of the 2nd half because I'm moving but glad to see the Bears hold on for the win. Still all in on Fields regardless of today's stats.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I may regret it next Sunday but I've fixed the network show sound in Media Portal so I can hear the announcers now.

Fields is a rookie playing like rookies do. Short of a complete crash and burn nothing he does this year has any real bearing on his career. You all need to give the zoomer instant gratification impatience a rest. If you all (on either side) were as great at evaluating players as you think why haven't you offered your scout services to the Bears or any other team in the NFL?
He did not crash and burn, and he couldn't in one game. He had some good, some bad.
And all of that was with our genius HC's decision to not start him with the 1s.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sucks the Bears lost today; maybe they'll pull one off next week.