***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears vs Packers (Win 2 Get IN Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Bakhtiari being out will hurt the Bears because now they will get even more conservative on D thinking they can get to Rodgers on 3rd downs and he will shred them.

Not saying they always need to blitz, but they do need balance on D and they will play like pussies. Just watch.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The realist view of that game is the bears hung with a very banged up Tampa offense lol . That was their best defensive effort of the year though.
They did stop the Hall of Famer DeShaun Watson

Brownie

Liked Posts:
No chance with Nagy and Barone meddling with the play calls. They're gonna blow it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Packers D is actually ranked better overall at 7th then the bears D and that was suppose to be the strength of this team. So Packers have a better defense better o line better run game better QB and better coach. Vildor and Shelley are going to get burnt. I really can't see where the bears have an upper hand in this game.

that doesn’t mean the packers defense is actually better than the bears. Time of possession plays a factor in that. GB’s defense is a major benefactor of its offense. When you’re always playing with a lead, it’s easy to pin the ears back and go get the QB. And it’s easier to play 20-25 min of defense a game, than it is to play 35-40 min of defense a game

msadows

Liked Posts:
that doesn’t mean the packers defense is actually better than the bears. Time of possession plays a factor in that. GB’s defense is a major benefactor of its offense. When you’re always playing with a lead, it’s easy to pin the ears back and go get the QB. And it’s easier to play 20-25 min of defense a game, than it is to play 35-40 min of defense a game

Bears are much better in DVOA than the packers. Packers are about league average(Which I agree with). Bears are still top 10(Which I agree with).

DVOA is pretty much the only advanced statistic for ranking teams that I think has merit.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bears are much better in DVOA than the packers. Packers are about league average(Which I agree with). Bears are still top 10(Which I agree with).

DVOA is pretty much the only advanced statistic for ranking teams that I think has merit.

yeah, there’s far too many factors to simply look at yards allowed or PPG allowed to judge a defense

packers run defense is crap. They just rarely get exposed for it due to their offense allowing them to play with leads that cause opposing offenses to fall in love with just passing

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else hoping the Giants make the playoffs at 6-10?

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:

Bears D did have some horrible games against the Lions Packers and Vikings in the 2nd half of the season. I don't think the defense is playing the same it was in the first half of the season. Hicks isn't the same after his hamstring injury and Jaylon isn't playing. They beat up on Houston and Jacksonville without their best RB so that's not saying much.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I don't want to have to rely on the Rams today, but it's just hard to imagine that this Bears team can knock off one of the best teams in football in a high stakes situation.

If they're going to win, I think they're going to have to jump on them early in the game to let GB know that this is going to be a slugfest. What absolutely cannot happen is exactly what happened early on in that 1st game with GB driving down the field for an opening TD. The defense is going to have to come to play and bring enough pressure to disrupt Rodgers' rhythm, and the offense is going to need to be able to run the ball effectively and protect the football.

My gut feeling is that it's somewhat close in the 1st half.. Something like 10-17 Packers, and then in the 2nd half, the Packers create more distance and turn this into another blowout.

My gut: 17-34, Packers

My heart: 27-24, Bears

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bears beat Brady, Pack got smoked by him. So anything can happen.

yep. all about getting hot at the right time. For the first 11 games the Steelers looked unbeatable, now they look like a one and done playoff team.