Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the Murphy leak and the Bear saying they were open for business were just diversions. I was Ok with a trade down for Murphy if Odunze was gone but this is the best scenario.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Once Falcons did a surprise at #8, Bears should have traded down with Broncos or Raiders and gained an extra pick. That would have ensured Vikes didn't get McCarthy and also put the Bears in line for Fashanu or Murphy or Latu.

Seriously? The Bears got the consensus #1 QB and one of the 3 consensus top 3 WRs.
And you think they should've traded down from that???

There is no player they would get later in the 1st or with a mid 2nd or mid 3rd that would make it worth trading down. It may come out like that in hind sight but for now, without hind sight, the Bears won the draft.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once Falcons did a surprise at #8, Bears should have traded down with Broncos or Raiders and gained an extra pick. That would have ensured Vikes didn't get McCarthy and also put the Bears in line for Fashanu or Murphy or Latu.
You’re splitting hairs between MHJ, Nabers and Odunze. They are all three going to be really good.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Caleb's got an insane support system and things worked out perfectly.

Keenan Allen getting traded here made me much more comfortable with moving on from Fields. Still think Justin has a bright future in this league but Caleb's got a real chance to be freaking special from the jump here. It's awesome.

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
Seriously? The Bears got the consensus #1 QB and one of the 3 consensus top 3 WRs.
And you think they should've traded down from that???

There is no player they would get later in the 1st or with a mid 2nd or mid 3rd that would make it worth trading down. It may come out like that in hind sight but for now, without hind sight, the Bears won the draft.
No doubt about Rome Odunze.. he is a top WR.

I am saying that this was a luxury pick considering they have Moore, Allen and Kmet. The top DT, top OTs, the top TE were there for the taking along with an extra pick.

And that happened because Falcons did them a solid by creating panic for QB needy teams after the Bears and considering Vikes were gonna draft a QB, teams would have wanted to jump above them..

I conclude by saying I am thrilled by Rome..

greg23

Liked Posts:
Oh, awesome—I didn’t realize you were a Wildcat. Bear down & go Cats, my friend 👍
Actually think if the bears want a TE that Mclaughlin from AZ is going to surprise in the pros.....not sure they can afford taking a TE with only 4 picks but if they add a few he's a guy I'd take a flyer on day 3

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stopping your division rival from taking their favoured franchise QB while picking up an extra pick and also another top player... That is a terrible move indeed.. Idiot

JJ McCarthy was not their favored QB, idiot. It was Drake Maye but they couldn't trade up

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I am saying that this was a luxury pick considering they have Moore, Allen and Kmet.

Not at all. Allen is 32 and on a 1yr contract. Odunze gets the chance to not only spend his rookie year with Moore he gets to learn from a great old timer.

Assuming we play Moore's contract right we should be set at WR until Williams is so good that he doesn't need greats at WR.

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
Bears truly did a solid for Fields. With the ridiculous run on QBs - 6 in the first 12 picks. If they had held on until today.. they could have easily gotten a 3rd or maybe a late 2nd from someone like Raiders or Cowboys..

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That WAS the haul.
Yeah. This. AND HOLY SHIT WE GOT ROME???
Who did we tie up and duct taped???

I admit, This is my never seen this shit coming moment... this is some crazy/voodoo draft luck. No way we'd get a QB and a WR like ROME this year.
I still don't believe this happened but it did.

CCS knows I was against the QB reset/CALEB but the draft worked out just fine by gettin' very fucking lucky landing ROME. Holy shit. Unreal.
Like I've said before months ago, ROME is a fucking man amongst boys out there... like a fucking caucasian shepherd in a dog pound. Indeed I wanted MHJR, almost the same difference.

I feel that i've been awarded as a fan for being a dickhead...
t0ctptg2vfgxkq39jim4tak&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif

Last edited:

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the start of the offseason, I was a proponent of the trade down "haul" (primarily due to the historic benefits for massive trades on the side of the recipient) and retaining Justin Fields due his locker room chemistry, continuous improvement, purported work ethic, and athleticism. That said, I'm excited about the future with these first two draft picks and I'll be cheering on Caleb and Odunze every Sunday. It's good to have some positivity and hope going forward.

When I'm proven wrong about that, I'll be ecstatic that we have a franchise QB drafted by the Bears and a kick ass top ten WR for years to come! I'm amped!