Official- In Draft Thread

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Problem is the teams at the top of the 2nd round are not in a position to not get back a 2024 2nd rounder.
Right. A deal would likely look like our 3rd this year plus our second next year, maybe getting back a later pick next year or something too. That's a lot to give up.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Bears truly did a solid for Fields. With the ridiculous run on QBs - 6 in the first 12 picks. If they had held on until today.. they could have easily gotten a 3rd or maybe a late 2nd from someone like Raiders or Cowboys..
Yea, no. The Raiders signed Gardner Minshew who's got a longer track record of a success than Justin Fields.

I think it's safe to say that Fields' max value was a 4th round pick, just like Pickett and Howell's value as well, but that the Bears indeed did him a solid by taking a conditional 4th rounder to send him to his preferred destination. Would the Raiders have given up a 4th rounder for him? Maybe/probably? Certainly not a 3rd and definitely not a second.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Actually think if the bears want a TE that Mclaughlin from AZ is going to surprise in the pros.....not sure they can afford taking a TE with only 4 picks but if they add a few he's a guy I'd take a flyer on day 3
That’s the last position they should be considering.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It’s idiotic to think the Bears will pick Williams. They’ll take the wiser route and get quantity.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why the hell would we want to discuss that niw?
Because when Pennix was drafted, I said...well he was the best QB in College, wasn't a bad pick.....insert CBMB Talent Scouts

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
(Just seeing the later picks this morning). Damn, of course KC drafted Xavier Worthy. Bastages.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Caleb's got an insane support system and things worked out perfectly.

Keenan Allen getting traded here made me much more comfortable with moving on from Fields. Still think Justin has a bright future in this league but Caleb's got a real chance to be freaking special from the jump here. It's awesome.
Why would that affect your view on the QB decision? Srs question.